LA Fitness Personal Training SCAM!
I am a recent member of LA Fitness as of March 4, 2009.My intentions going in were originally signing up basically for the $29.99 a month membership.
Upon discussion with the manager about various membership options I was also informed of how beneficial the personal training can be. I was open to a few training sessions so I then was sent over to the office of the manager of personal training, and he went over some of the personal training plans that they have. I was very apprehensive to agree to any of this due to the high cost of training but he kept negotiating with me until we came to some sort of an agreement. He told me what he could do for me and this was the plan: $160.00 for 4 training sessions a month and an additional free 12 sessions just for signing up, totaling 16 sessions.
He then told me that If I wanted to reach my physical goal I would probably need a year of personal training. I was interested but explained to them that I am an unemployed, full time college student and that I was not sure if I could afford $160.00 a month for a full year. He then explained to me that I could sign up for a year of training at $160.00 a month and if I ever wanted to cancel I would just have to cancel 30 days before the next payment is withdrawn. After a month of training I have decided that I want to cancel the training and just continue with a regular membership.
So today I called and spoke with training manager and explained to him that I want to cancel training due to finances and just that I didn't want a trainer anymore and he said that he would freeze the next 2 payments so I can think about it before I really just cancel. I agreed to it and then this evening found I had a $30.00 charge on my account. I called and spoke with him again and he explained that there is a $15.00 charge for every month the payment is frozen. I was upset when he told me this because he never informed me of this when he placed the freeze and I didn't, and would not have agreed to this charge.
I then told him that I want to cancel my training all together and he told me I can't or I will be charged for 50% of the remaining 11 months of training (approximately $880.00!!!). Never was any of this explained to me at the time I agreed to the training. He told me I could cancel anytime! They completely misrepresented what was in "the contract." This is the biggest scam and I am taking them to small claims court.
They are the worst company I have ever dealt with!!!!Beware!106ca20c review #147326
You may also like
- "I was 182 now 113 so it works but you must work at is to. There is no pill that will make you skinny. You must follow the program...."
- "I signed up for the monthly unlimited spray tan for $39.99 a month (as advertised on their store front) Pic below as evidence. The 2nd month they charged me $49.99,..."
- "I purchased two human hair wigs on line from this company that advertises celebrity "hair -styled" wigs. I was aghast upon my receipt of these products after about a..."
- "Ever since we have had this dryer I have had this problem and called LG quite a few times. Black stuff on back keeps building up and ruining clothes. I..."
- "Internet Local Listings (ILL) lured me into a contract claiming to be partner and subcontractor of Google. ILL agent, "Google outsources its local listings." Me, "So your company is..."
- "The 400 unit condos at Wolf Creek, 13364 Beach Blvd, 32224, have shutters and other materials falling off the four story buildings. My building alone has had over 30 shutters..."
- "I purchased a Hanma (SunL) SL150-T19, or what ever model it was on March 11, 2008. I was very excited about it and was happy to own my first motor..."
- "On the 30th on June, my fiancé and I were relieved that we were able to pay off the rest of our furniture within the 90 day period. We had..."
- "Bought a 7" RCA tablet (RCT6077W22) back on Friday this last Christmas from Wal-mart and it took only 7 months to die. The battery started to grow slowly. ..."