LA Fitness Personal Training SCAM!
I am a recent member of LA Fitness as of March 4, 2009.My intentions going in were originally signing up basically for the $29.99 a month membership.
Upon discussion with the manager about various membership options I was also informed of how beneficial the personal training can be. I was open to a few training sessions so I then was sent over to the office of the manager of personal training, and he went over some of the personal training plans that they have. I was very apprehensive to agree to any of this due to the high cost of training but he kept negotiating with me until we came to some sort of an agreement. He told me what he could do for me and this was the plan: $160.00 for 4 training sessions a month and an additional free 12 sessions just for signing up, totaling 16 sessions.
He then told me that If I wanted to reach my physical goal I would probably need a year of personal training. I was interested but explained to them that I am an unemployed, full time college student and that I was not sure if I could afford $160.00 a month for a full year. He then explained to me that I could sign up for a year of training at $160.00 a month and if I ever wanted to cancel I would just have to cancel 30 days before the next payment is withdrawn. After a month of training I have decided that I want to cancel the training and just continue with a regular membership.
So today I called and spoke with training manager and explained to him that I want to cancel training due to finances and just that I didn't want a trainer anymore and he said that he would freeze the next 2 payments so I can think about it before I really just cancel. I agreed to it and then this evening found I had a $30.00 charge on my account. I called and spoke with him again and he explained that there is a $15.00 charge for every month the payment is frozen. I was upset when he told me this because he never informed me of this when he placed the freeze and I didn't, and would not have agreed to this charge.
I then told him that I want to cancel my training all together and he told me I can't or I will be charged for 50% of the remaining 11 months of training (approximately $880.00!!!). Never was any of this explained to me at the time I agreed to the training. He told me I could cancel anytime! They completely misrepresented what was in "the contract." This is the biggest scam and I am taking them to small claims court.
They are the worst company I have ever dealt with!!!!Beware!c25264a
You may also like
- "I am a woman that got 1200 grafts in the front area of the crown. Approximately 3 inches in diameter. I was losing hair according to the surgeon because of..."
- "Following a internet review I ordered the clw059-c from Rpgshow company. After more than 3 MONTHS DELAY (too many orders I told), telephone calls and angry emails, I finally received last..."
- "Got my Instyler about four years ago. I was excited and couldn't wait to use it. Do not use it anymore. Due to the first few weeks after using it,..."
- "I ordered a Mixed Hoop Earrings. the first and second time I tried to contact and I received no answer, the third time I receive an answer from arlette in..."
- "I went to the clinic to have SIX old veneers changed because over time they had discolored, nothing was wrong with my teeth otherwise. Dr. Arzate advised to do eight..."
- "I brought my Lil girls clothes that were needed to Orange Park Fl. I called before I went and asked what sizes they needed... mind u I made sure clothes..."
- "Hi i been playing wc for long time and i been useinng gold everyday and all the time when i play the game and i spend over then $ 7,000..."
- " Adnana Ene, aka Nana Grecu has scammed many people who bought dogs from her while she was on Puppyfind.com. She is also the same person who owns a..."
- "On 10-31-13 my 22 year old son was involved in a serious high speed read end accident. He was sitting at a red light when hit by a Toyota SUV..."