LA Fitness Personal Training SCAM!
I am a recent member of LA Fitness as of March 4, 2009.My intentions going in were originally signing up basically for the $29.99 a month membership.
Upon discussion with the manager about various membership options I was also informed of how beneficial the personal training can be. I was open to a few training sessions so I then was sent over to the office of the manager of personal training, and he went over some of the personal training plans that they have. I was very apprehensive to agree to any of this due to the high cost of training but he kept negotiating with me until we came to some sort of an agreement. He told me what he could do for me and this was the plan: $160.00 for 4 training sessions a month and an additional free 12 sessions just for signing up, totaling 16 sessions.
He then told me that If I wanted to reach my physical goal I would probably need a year of personal training. I was interested but explained to them that I am an unemployed, full time college student and that I was not sure if I could afford $160.00 a month for a full year. He then explained to me that I could sign up for a year of training at $160.00 a month and if I ever wanted to cancel I would just have to cancel 30 days before the next payment is withdrawn. After a month of training I have decided that I want to cancel the training and just continue with a regular membership.
So today I called and spoke with training manager and explained to him that I want to cancel training due to finances and just that I didn't want a trainer anymore and he said that he would freeze the next 2 payments so I can think about it before I really just cancel. I agreed to it and then this evening found I had a $30.00 charge on my account. I called and spoke with him again and he explained that there is a $15.00 charge for every month the payment is frozen. I was upset when he told me this because he never informed me of this when he placed the freeze and I didn't, and would not have agreed to this charge.
I then told him that I want to cancel my training all together and he told me I can't or I will be charged for 50% of the remaining 11 months of training (approximately $880.00!!!). Never was any of this explained to me at the time I agreed to the training. He told me I could cancel anytime! They completely misrepresented what was in "the contract." This is the biggest scam and I am taking them to small claims court.
They are the worst company I have ever dealt with!!!!Beware!review #147326
You may also like
- "Bought a No No Pro. Try it free for 60 days it says...yeah right. Try to return this thing when you find out it doesn't work and watch the games..."
- "Do not go to LA Fitness, the place is never kept clean. Their is mold, algae, rust, and mildew everywhere. The ventilation system never works and it is a major..."
- "I purchased Suave Keratin Infusion. I used it as instructed and now my hair is falling out and I am going bald. I wish I had done my homework and look..."
- "This was my first Tractor I purchased . Prior to the purchase I never heard of AZ Tractor. I cannot say enough about the service I got with my..."
- "I paid for same day... It was guaranteed to be delivered before noon... Was delivered (confirmation from recipient, not your company... 4 hours late of the time that was guaranteed...."
- "I have had one experience with Geico, and it was like a chamber of horrors. I consider their profligate treatment of my then-330k mile car as irresponsible and reckless (sparing..."
- "Yes, my name is Lynda Jackson. And first of all I want you to know that Olive Garden is my most favorite restaurant.. My husband and I eat there..."
- "I stayed in theWyndham GardenBarone Plaza in New Orleans July 2nd. The room had a strong odor and air did not work properly. Room never got below 75 deg. Me..."
- "I was eating at dennys in merriville ind and this is how the spaghetti came out of the kitchen. I took one *** from where the spaghetti is twirled..."