I am a recent member of LA Fitness as of March 4, 2009.My intentions going in were originally signing up basically for the $29.99 a month membership.
Upon discussion with the manager about various membership options I was also informed of how beneficial the personal training can be. I was open to a few training sessions so I then was sent over to the office of the manager of personal training, and he went over some of the personal training plans that they have. I was very apprehensive to agree to any of this due to the high cost of training but he kept negotiating with me until we came to some sort of an agreement. He told me what he could do for me and this was the plan: $160.00 for 4 training sessions a month and an additional free 12 sessions just for signing up, totaling 16 sessions.
He then told me that If I wanted to reach my physical goal I would probably need a year of personal training. I was interested but explained to them that I am an unemployed, full time college student and that I was not sure if I could afford $160.00 a month for a full year. He then explained to me that I could sign up for a year of training at $160.00 a month and if I ever wanted to cancel I would just have to cancel 30 days before the next payment is withdrawn. After a month of training I have decided that I want to cancel the training and just continue with a regular membership.
So today I called and spoke with training manager and explained to him that I want to cancel training due to finances and just that I didn't want a trainer anymore and he said that he would freeze the next 2 payments so I can think about it before I really just cancel. I agreed to it and then this evening found I had a $30.00 charge on my account. I called and spoke with him again and he explained that there is a $15.00 charge for every month the payment is frozen. I was upset when he told me this because he never informed me of this when he placed the freeze and I didn't, and would not have agreed to this charge.
I then told him that I want to cancel my training all together and he told me I can't or I will be charged for 50% of the remaining 11 months of training (approximately $880.00!!!). Never was any of this explained to me at the time I agreed to the training. He told me I could cancel anytime! They completely misrepresented what was in "the contract." This is the biggest scam and I am taking them to small claims court.
They are the worst company I have ever dealt with!!!!Beware!
More Review Details
- Review category
- Health and Beauty
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "This peel gave an allergic reaction: redness, swelling in the face, bumps. This is not a product I would EVER recommend to anyone! This was used exactly how it was..."
- "I was signed on as a distributor by a person in my office who had access to my credit card and S S number. Thousands of dollars later I finally..."
- "I am a woman that got 1200 grafts in the front area of the crown. Approximately 3 inches in diameter. I was losing hair according to the surgeon because of..."
- "My ferret went in to get his teeth cleaned and a tooth pulled, and never came out. The Doctor kept saying it was because of his age. It was because..."
- "On Sept. 2014 I placed an order and paid 50% ( required)of total payment to Phoenix Woodworking (Cascade ID) for a bedroom set which was supposed to be delivered in..."
- "This was my first Tractor I purchased . Prior to the purchase I never heard of AZ Tractor. I cannot say enough about the service I got with my..."
- "we bought a reclining couch and love seat and a matching recliner. The love seat was defective and we were shipped a new one several weeks later this new one..."
- "I am beyond fed up with the us cellular! It's the biggest rip off I have ever come across! Your data plan/s/ are ridiculous, and full of lies. It is..."
- ""Something went wrong on our end, please try again in a little while". "Something went wrong on our end, please try again in a little while". "Something went wrong on our end,..."