I am a recent member of LA Fitness as of March 4, 2009.My intentions going in were originally signing up basically for the $29.99 a month membership.
Upon discussion with the manager about various membership options I was also informed of how beneficial the personal training can be. I was open to a few training sessions so I then was sent over to the office of the manager of personal training, and he went over some of the personal training plans that they have. I was very apprehensive to agree to any of this due to the high cost of training but he kept negotiating with me until we came to some sort of an agreement. He told me what he could do for me and this was the plan: $160.00 for 4 training sessions a month and an additional free 12 sessions just for signing up, totaling 16 sessions.
He then told me that If I wanted to reach my physical goal I would probably need a year of personal training. I was interested but explained to them that I am an unemployed, full time college student and that I was not sure if I could afford $160.00 a month for a full year. He then explained to me that I could sign up for a year of training at $160.00 a month and if I ever wanted to cancel I would just have to cancel 30 days before the next payment is withdrawn. After a month of training I have decided that I want to cancel the training and just continue with a regular membership.
So today I called and spoke with training manager and explained to him that I want to cancel training due to finances and just that I didn't want a trainer anymore and he said that he would freeze the next 2 payments so I can think about it before I really just cancel. I agreed to it and then this evening found I had a $30.00 charge on my account. I called and spoke with him again and he explained that there is a $15.00 charge for every month the payment is frozen. I was upset when he told me this because he never informed me of this when he placed the freeze and I didn't, and would not have agreed to this charge.
I then told him that I want to cancel my training all together and he told me I can't or I will be charged for 50% of the remaining 11 months of training (approximately $880.00!!!). Never was any of this explained to me at the time I agreed to the training. He told me I could cancel anytime! They completely misrepresented what was in "the contract." This is the biggest scam and I am taking them to small claims court.
They are the worst company I have ever dealt with!!!!Beware!
More Review Details
- Review category
- Health and Beauty
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "This company is a scam. I urge anyone who is contemplating a purchase with them to read my review first. I order 2 wigs with them that total 106.18 that..."
- "I received my order for Walkfit Platinum and the bill was $69.75. When I ordered them they were advertised as buy one get one free with other free incentives. ..."
- "Hopefully I can help some others save their money and time with this review. Firstly, I purchased from x4labs.com because they had an Australian phone number and stated shipping was from..."
- "I have layers and barely shoulder length hair. It was a tad longish on top and all I asked for was a 1/4" off all over. She even looked at..."
- "I paid for same day... It was guaranteed to be delivered before noon... Was delivered (confirmation from recipient, not your company... 4 hours late of the time that was guaranteed...."
- "Went to mcdonalds in Phoenix AZ 85040 and I was eating my food on my lunch break and I went to take the next *** and noticed this in my..."
- "I received bad chicken that wasn't done and mac and cheese was watery and not done biscuit cold and hard and I asked for fresh food because this is always..."
- "I bought my ShopKeep POS system/peripherals through them. From the start, they didn't include a cable (mini USB charger ) to keep my iPad running. Then told me I can..."
- "Purchased an X1 on 5/17/2016 had to send it in for repairs on 7/8/2016. The middle joint connecting the two wheels snapped in half. I paid 100.00 to..."