LA Fitness Personal Training SCAM!
I am a recent member of LA Fitness as of March 4, 2009.My intentions going in were originally signing up basically for the $29.99 a month membership.
Upon discussion with the manager about various membership options I was also informed of how beneficial the personal training can be. I was open to a few training sessions so I then was sent over to the office of the manager of personal training, and he went over some of the personal training plans that they have. I was very apprehensive to agree to any of this due to the high cost of training but he kept negotiating with me until we came to some sort of an agreement. He told me what he could do for me and this was the plan: $160.00 for 4 training sessions a month and an additional free 12 sessions just for signing up, totaling 16 sessions.
He then told me that If I wanted to reach my physical goal I would probably need a year of personal training. I was interested but explained to them that I am an unemployed, full time college student and that I was not sure if I could afford $160.00 a month for a full year. He then explained to me that I could sign up for a year of training at $160.00 a month and if I ever wanted to cancel I would just have to cancel 30 days before the next payment is withdrawn. After a month of training I have decided that I want to cancel the training and just continue with a regular membership.
So today I called and spoke with training manager and explained to him that I want to cancel training due to finances and just that I didn't want a trainer anymore and he said that he would freeze the next 2 payments so I can think about it before I really just cancel. I agreed to it and then this evening found I had a $30.00 charge on my account. I called and spoke with him again and he explained that there is a $15.00 charge for every month the payment is frozen. I was upset when he told me this because he never informed me of this when he placed the freeze and I didn't, and would not have agreed to this charge.
I then told him that I want to cancel my training all together and he told me I can't or I will be charged for 50% of the remaining 11 months of training (approximately $880.00!!!). Never was any of this explained to me at the time I agreed to the training. He told me I could cancel anytime! They completely misrepresented what was in "the contract." This is the biggest scam and I am taking them to small claims court.
They are the worst company I have ever dealt with!!!!Beware!d4f219d review #147326
You may also like
- "If you plan on buying any of these products, or other ones from the same company (as they look like different companies, but aren't), I would strongly advice to read..."
- "I'm giving this gym two out of five stars only because it's a really nice gym. Very nice layout, lots of space, plenty of equipment and for the most part,..."
- "I had this hair installed Saturday 3/17/2012 and it looks so bad that I am taking it out as soon as possible. First of all I am highly upset and..."
- "Placed an order online on Dec.5th. I called on Dec.17th and was guaranteed the item would arrive the next day. It didn't! I called back and they said it would..."
- "I ordered flowers for my daughter's birthday through another online company that subcontracted to Wesley Berry. I had no idea the order was going through Wesley Berry until the..."
- "I had posted a Louis Vuitton belt (brand new WITHOUT tags) on Tradesy. Immedietly, a woman was interested in the belt and i lowered the price for her so it'd..."
- "On 10-31-13 my 22 year old son was involved in a serious high speed read end accident. He was sitting at a red light when hit by a Toyota SUV..."
- "Purchase sectional from Sam Levites after Two years sectional start peeling, I have no children in my home. Can't say that the problem. I paid close to two thousand dollars..."
- "Their food sucks as well as their customer service… They seem worse to me... I got wings that were delivered to my door and went straight into the trash! Total..."