3.2K views

My husband, my two sisters, and I join this gym and had paid on time for 2+ years with no problems. When my husband's credit card that was on file was stolen, we cancelled it and got a new card from our bank.

That day we had received over 30 phone calls demanding a new card number. It got so bad that our phone would simply get over loaded and drop all the calls we connected too. We asked for them to put our number on a do not call list but they simply ignore it. I have tried to erase it from our file but still the phone calls are coming in.

I just had a new baby... the last thing i need is phone calls and harassment from a company we were loyal too.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Membership.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 28, 2011.

Comments

My membership is up for renewal in Nov but LA Fitness people have been calling my cell phone and my workphone everyday including weekends since September. I got multiple calls from LA Fitness different locations.

It is so annoying. I was going to renewing it when it is time but I have second thought now. I am on the "do not call" list and I told them not to call me anymore.

But they keep calling. It is so wrong to harass people like that.

I have a hard time believing that this isnt a huge over Exaggeration. Lol sorry

Same problem. My card expired and I have received 7 calls in less than an hour.

I’m cancelling my membership after this.

It’s rude and annoying. I’m done with LA Fitness.

Yep! I figured this was a pattern.

I was on a month to month as I travel. Now I get multiple calls per day harassing me. I have informed them that they won't be getting anymore of my business if this is how they treat customers.

Terrible company. I think someone should start a joint lawsuit against them.

to Anonymous Roseland, New Jersey, United States #1289305

Lets do it!

to Anonymous #1418586

Let’s do it!!!

Buffalo, New York, United States #901815

They have a terrible business ethic!!!

Tucson, Arizona, United States #872088

My card was stolen also. Its 3 days past the billing date and I'm getting 3-5 calls a day from locations I'm not even close to.

I haven't been able to get to the gym near me to fix this bit I'm still getting phone calls daily. I'm ready to just cancel already.

Wellington, Florida, United States #742893

I BEEN A MEMBER FOR 10 YRS(BALLY'S ) AND BEEN PAYING ON TIME ALL THIS YEARS AND MY CARD WAS STOLEN AND THE BANK ISSUE ME A NEW ONE AND I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM 20 CALL A DAY. THE WORSE THEY ARE SO *** I HAVE A FAMILY PLAN AND THEY ASK FOR MY 12 YRS OLD. THEY *** ME OFF SO BAD I CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP.

East Setauket, New York, United States #635607

Same happened to me. I signed on for a membership and when I was victimized by fraud, I had to cancel the card.

When they ran the card for the next month, it was obviously declined as I had to cancel the card. They will not allow my daughter into the gym without a card on file. Technically she has one month left. Now they r steeling from me!

This should not be legal. I paid $80 for the first and last month and only one month has been used.

Not to allow her in? They owe me money!!!

I made my payment on my gym membership two days early because of something coming through my card that would cause fees which would take the money set aside for the membership.

When I paid early it apparently through LA Fitness system off and they sent me an email a week later stating I owed them two dollars. I did not. The manager supposedly fixed this issue. They called me again and stated I owed seven dollars and realized I did not and corrected that too.

I have recieved several calls from LA Fitness over their problem. They are hounding and harrassing the heck out of me. Different numbers and people calling from different states.

Stay away from this company.

I just cancelled them for the same reason. So disrespectful.

#372099

I just cancelled my membership for the same reason.My bank decided to send me a new card and they could not take the money.When they called i gave a detailed explanation and said that i would call back w a new number since i was working on the field at the moment.Well after 7 phone calls from diferent area codes (same day) ..I realized that i did not need this kind of harrasment for 30.00 bucks. I will never get back to this gym.There is a lot of options out there.

OMG. Same with me.

I paid first and last months upon sign up and told I could cancel at anytime. They call constantly.. Their favorite is Saturday and Sunday mornings @ 7 am. I have to turn my ringer off when I sleep.

It is embaressing as people around me see me try and explain and its as if they are bill collectors. They will not take me off. I threatened to create a harrassment suit after me patiently explaining to every branch in the US of LA Fitness sharing that I had canceled, and I no longer was interested. Some branches have taken me off but I constantly have random area codes calling to harass me and threaten me to give a new card number.

It was at least 7 calls a day in the beginning and they ran a payment 3 times which is why I decided to cancel in the first place. I only got one of them refunded and am so sick and tired of the harrasment :(

I cancelled my card they took my payments from and they seriously called me 3-5x daily from different numbers.SOO annoying