1.5
Cleanliness

On November 9, 2015 I was duped into signing an agreement for a total of 1 year membership and also into signing up for a personal trainer which is a total rip off. I was told by Juan that I could cancel the "agreement" at any time throughout the year including the cancellation of the personal trainers costs with no penalty fees.

I was also told the membership fee would be $99.95 a month which did not include the personal trainer fee (originally @$440.00 a month) for 4 sessions per week. I had no idea that Juan was taking advantage of us and after being billed the very first time I told Juan that I could not afford $440.00 a month so please cancel this part of the "agreement" so he said that he could go as low as $220.00 a month which would include a personal trainer session twice a week. Boy was I foolish and went for it. Well lo-and-behold Juan is no where at this facility (you have to wonder where they moved him to) any longer and now I am being told that I only get a training session once a week for the rest of the contract.

I argued with many individuals about this and even talked with the supposed GM who told me that he would throw in 12 additional sessions for the year; I told him that I was under the assumption that I would be receiving two sessions per week and he said there was no way for him to help me with this issue and gave me my signed contract (in other words TOUGH). I asked him how to cancel my account and he said that the cost to cancel would be estimated at $1,200.00. I could not believe they would not adhere to the promises that their employee "Juan" made.

I was also told by the GM that "our bodies don't take into account how many times we work with a trainer" and that was the last straw for me. I am going to contact a lawyer to see if I have any recourse to this *** and hopefully I can be done with them.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Personal Training.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

La Fitness Pros: Being taken advantage of.

La Fitness Cons: False misrepresentation, Horrible customer service, Price cheating, Harassing calls, Being lied to.

Comments

My issue was very similar to yours. I was told the exact same thing that I could cancel the personal trainer agreement at anytime but when it came time to do so I was told I would be given additional sessions free and I also feel for it. Because I cannot afford the payment they have revoked my entrance to using the gym and I'm a lifetime member.