Verified Reviewer

Resolved
2.8
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Feb 15, 2021

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with product or service ordered.

Original review posted by user Jan 17, 2021

On December 25th I was billed $25.93 for my monthly fee. On

December $26th I was billed another $32.09 plus $52.42 for an annual fee .

When I had my membership reinstated on October 26th by phone with the Sarasota Cattleman gym, the sales person named Sean stated that to reinstate it would cost $60 for two months and then my monthly fee would revert back to the approximate $24 a month it had been before the covid 19 virus caused me to cancel. When I was billed $32.09 on November 26th Sean stated that he would take care of it. That I believe is why I was billed the $25.93 0n December 25th. I disputed the charges billed on December 26th with my bank.

They advised me that the communication they received back from LA Fitness billing that the charges were valid and in the banks communication with me they submitted an agreement that I never saw,reviewed or signed .

Sean never communicated it with me. Finally in the many years that I have been a member of La Fitness I never had to pay an annual fee.

User's recommendation: Make sure that you receive any written agrement.

La Fitness Pros: Pool and spa area.

La Fitness Cons: Totally misleading.

Location: 4057 Cattlemen Road, Sarasota, FL 34233

Comments

#1973913

I personally went to the Cattleman facility this morning. I spoke to Rick, the operations manager.

He was professional,courteous, and listened to everything I had to say. He agreed . The annual fee and extra payment totalling $84.51 are now in the process of being refunded and should show up on my bank records in three to five business days.

i suggested that he should talk with Sean regarding the agreement that I never saw or signed and questioned the fraudulent signing. He indicated that he had previous discussions with Sean regarding such matters .

La Fitness Reviews