In March 2013 I bought a 2-month package for LA Fitness for my mother.We specified that she would be leaving the country once the 2 months end.

I paid 68 dollars for 2 months. However, 3 months later I realized my card was charged a 32 dollar fee on top of the initial 68 dollars. The sales associate assured us there is no contract and no association fee and rushed us through. We were not given a paper copy of the contract and did not put initials in the parts specifying we had to cancel it or continue paying.

Besides the sales associate said the computers were down to print us a copy of an agreement. When I came in to claim my refund the area supervisor Kamini Pather refused to provide me with a paper copy of the contract we are charged by, besides she was using unprofessional threatening conduct. She charged me a cancellation fee of 29 dollars on top of the charges we did not sign up for. I complained that when I used a swimming pool one time in that area I got a pink eye.

She replied that I got this infection from my newborn.It was insulting and referring to personal accusations instead of professional language.

Review about: La Fitness Membership.

Had an Experience with La Fitness?

Comments

Dallas, Texas, United States #709553

May. 26, 2011

-by Dave

I've had a great experience with LA Fitness for the past 6 months of personal training that I have done, until recently when my billing cycle was supposed up. I started training in October and signed up for six months of personal training at $280.00 per month. In March, when I knew my last payment should be getting close, I went to my local LA Fitness and talked with an employee to confirm that my last payment would be April 12th. He told me that April 12th would be the last personal training bill and that following that it would fall back into the $30 per month for regular membership. And that was it. No "You need to cancel your training membership," nothing to indicate that there was any action required on my part. I left with the knowledge that the $280.00 would be charged for the last time on April 12th. The following month we were billed again for $280.00 on May 12th. When I called to dispute it they canceled the personal training bill for me over the phone but told me it was my responsibility to have canceled it in April. This is where I feel MISLEAD & DECEIVED. I went up to my local LA Fitness again today to dispute the charge and asked for a manager. After I explained the situation, she told me that the information that I was telling her was wrong and that it didn't matter what I was told by her employee because it was my responsibility to know to cancel in April. She told me that she could not "rely on a conversation"...

May. 26, 2011

Dallas, Texas, United States #669437

*** you can't get pink eye from a pool.

YOURE AN ***