DANGEROUS I was threatened by an african-american male member who frequents the boxing area.This is an individual who has a well-known history of creepiness, intimidation, and abnormal behavior, especially against those smaller in stature or those of a certain background.

As a warning to other members, he is about 5'11", thick stature, dressed in basketball attire with large white headphones on. His tactic is to start smiling for no reason and ask to give "advice" trying to instigate a response during your workout. My female friends and colleagues felt extremely uncomfortable and avoids going to this gym, especially on weekends when this individual is around. After a verbal warning was given to this member, I decided to report this for my safety and possible further action to protect myself.

Emily - the female receptionist was present at the front desk, and the other staff were nearby. I requested information on how to report this member to Emily. In return I was THREATENED by her, that any complaint that a member makes will be "noted" on their file. I immediately asked for clarification, to which she re-iterated that there will be a flag placed on the member placing the complaint suggesting that I was the problem.

I walked away with a note in my possession which included a phone number to call member relations, on which I wrote this staff member's name, date and time of this event. I realized at this point that I did not need to expend any more courtesy out of my productive life to deal with this toxic culture within this gym. Concurrently, I noticed that the managers were busy loudly joking and laughing with the very man who had threatened me earlier. What a surprise.

STAY AWAY Considering that the Milford, Orange, West Haven, Stratford, areas have dozens, if not hundreds, of gyms nearby that are well maintained, much more sanitary, offer far better hours, has actual management, and is NOT a safe haven for thugs and brutes consistently try their way against civilized individuals on a daily basis which not only isn't reprimanded but actually encouraged, there is no reason LA FITNESS in Milford is even a choice.

The good, respectable members of this gym have been leaving in droves.This particular LA FITNESS is a prime example of how the corporate right hand has no clue what is occurring (and bleeding profits) at the consumer level.

Had an Experience with La Fitness?

Comments