Norwalk, Connecticut
1.9
Additional Fees
Cleanliness
Equipment Quality

I was starting back up my account with an email offer of $30 a month $0 initiation (being a previous member). When I got there I was told the promo was only valid for my brothers account.

I was then tricked into paying the college promo of $60 a month no initiation. Home for three months this saves only $10 dollars compared to the advertised membership @ $100 initiation fee/$30 per month. [60X3=180 ... 100+(30*3)=190.] After presenting the argument and being short of time I had no other option than to put down my card and accept the ridiculous terms.

Several weeks later I receive an email with the same $30 dollar - zero initiation offer valid for the account in my name. The scummy salesman Allan Ramirez tells me there is nothing he can do... Then after paying first and last and demanding my account be cancelled after the three months pay I am now charged for an additional month @$60 in which I will not be home. Additionally, the gym is currently closed for 10 days out of third month of my membership.

This information was not presented to me when I signed up or at any point until the several days leading up to the remodeling. When I call outside of my work hours I cannot get a hold of the area supervisor because he is out of the office and they refuse to provide me his email. Lastly, talking to countless members I found out some pay $20, $25, $30 you name it.

The old let me go check with my supervisor and see if I can lower it tactic is used at the discretion of that deceitful little salesman Allan Ramirez. Do yourself a favor and go to a gym that doesn't scam its members and offer 20 minute waiting time per machine.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

La Fitness Cons: Read my review, Overpriced, Poor customer service.

• Poor management skills