Tampa, Florida

I had an disappointing and dismaying experience with Lisa, the manager of the New Tampa LA Fitness several months ago. My brother-in-law was in town, visiting from Costa Rica, and I wanted to use the complimentary 1-week pass for him.

They refused to honor it, since they knew he was from Costa Rica and he would be unlikely to become a member. There was no limitation on the pass, Lisa just flatly refused to honor it and would not give a reason why. She was unfriendly and unprofessional and the whole experience left a bad impression with me, to the point where I am considering cancelling my contract with the.

It would have been such a small concession to make, to honor their 1-week pass, and it would not have cost them anything. Really bad customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Manager.

La Fitness Cons: Customer service, Rude front desk staff.

• Lack Of Basic Customer Service

Comments

The passes clearly say that if you don not live within 25 miles of the facility the pass cant be refused

MrSharkNasty

If you get out of a contract I will be shocked. They make you sign a contract for a reason.

They had nothing to gain either by allowing a free week of working out to someone who had no interest in purchasing a membership. Free while trails are for people strongly considering joining, not for people to take advantage of companies and workout for free.