Montebello, California

Update by user Oct 30, 2014

Well, Wells Fargo confirmed this morning that LA Fitness disputed my dispute for unauthorized charge so they reversed the credit to my account. I am filing a complaint with Consumer Affairs and taking other legal action against Wells Fargo for allowing a merchant to take money out of my account without my consent.

As for LA Fitness, I contacted their corporate office this morning. I informed them of what their local LA Fitness manager had done. Refusing to credit my account even though it was clear as day that I was charged twice for the annual membership on two separate credit cards. The Manager at the LA Fitness even noted on my account not to issue the refund on the computer without her authorization.

When I contacted corporate about the dispute, they apologized and will be issuing a complete refund and any fees incurred. I demanded a letter of apology from LA Fitness and asked that the Manager from the Montebello LA Fitness, Barbara, to be reprimanded for her rogue actions. Instead of being helpful and using her brain to make an educated and common sense decision she decided to be difficult and belligerent in her actions. I will be filing a complaint against LA Fitness with Consumer Affairs and looking into legal action against LA Fitness and Barbara personally.

Whatever happened to customer service and due diligence??

It seems that the consumer has to do its own investigative work to get issues resolved. Banks and businesses are no longer held responsible for their actions and what they do with other people's money.

Original review posted by user Oct 30, 2014

I paid my annual LA Fitness membership on line a few days before the due date. Later I found out that they went ahead and charged me again using the previous credit card I had on file with them.

When I called to complain and get one of the charges reversed I was given the run around as to why I had to wait a minimum of 30 days to get a refund. They showed both charges on their computers but refused to reverse the charges on either. I contacted my back which treated it as unauthorized charged and temporarily credited me one of the charges. Six months later since LA Fitness has still not reversed the charges my bank is now stating that they are treating it as an authorized charge and will deduct the amount from my account.

This is outrageous both from LA Fitness and Wells Fargo. 1.

It was not an authorized charge since the credit card information had been updated and the membership dues paid with a new credit card, and 2. A customer reports an online unauthorized charge, the bank has the burden of proof to show that it was authorized.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Membership.

Comments

I hope you sue and maybe we should find a lawyer for a class action suit. They are a pack of thieving liars that will continuously steal your money if you allow them to use your credit card.

I believe you. I had to place a merchant stop pay through American Expess.

LA Fitness has a pack of liars and thieves working for them. I was lied to when getting a personal trainer and was told I would only be charged for one month. I've been charged almost a $1000. They need to be shut down.

Apparently the contract read $3300 which was slipped in by the thief. They wanted to dig half of that out of me. LA Fitness kept charging me and would not stop. Then they place your name and telephone number in a database so you get harassing calls seven days a week at all times even if you cancel with them.

I want to file a class action suit in Tampa. I hope you show this comment to your business affairs people.

LAFitness aka Pro results needs to be shut down for their criminal activity.