Houston, Texas
2.0

I just had a baby and decided i would join the gym that was near my work, more convenient to work out before work. I chose LA Fitness as it was less than 5 minutes from my office.

As soon as i walked in i was sat down and told if i wanted results i needed to get going and join today, they would waive their regular fees as a part of a special (which they did NOT as i checked my CC statement about a week later and i paid well over $300 as a "fee" to join) I was then told i needed to add additional costs to the regular membership to have access to the club near my house and they said it was a difference of just a "few dollars" checked my CC statement again and apparently a few dollars is $25.00 to them. i was FURIOUS, then i was told i got a free assessment with a personal trainer and i needed to book that now... so of course i did for the next day where i was quickly "assessed" and told i was extremely out of shape and needed to hire the trainer or i would not be getting the results i wanted... he told me they would once again waive their fees (which ONCE AGAIN THEY DID NOT...

they actually charged me about $540.00 this time!!!) then it would only be about 80 extra each month and i needed to pick how many training sessions i wanted, i said i wanted to do the 6 month program and he assured me i was not going to get results and i was wasting his and my time, that i needed to do the 1 year term so i agreed, at $80 a month it didn't seem that bad... NO...after looking at my contract while trying to cancel it was $440 a month and about $80 a SESSION!! I WAS FLOORED. i have been trying to speak with someone about this for weeks now as i've been trying to cancel and have been given the run around!

i want my training AND gym membership cancelled ASAP and I WANT MY MONEY BACK!! I feel completely taken advantage of and scammed.

so disappointed as i was very excited to start a new chapter of healthy living in my life!! Highly, HIGHLY dissatisfied with this "business"

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Fitness Program.

Reason of review: terrible customer service.

La Fitness Cons: Horrible customer service, Totally misleading, Very uninformative, Unprofessional, Harassing.

Comments

Any place actually but never trust what is verbally promised. Always look for it in writing.

Unfortunately you will have to read the fine print as well.

Always ask for a fee schedule or see if it's clearly displayed or available somewhere. I get leery when I don't see prices because not only is one open to fraud but ignorance.

A lot of sales people including gym staff simply don't know, they act like they know but they don't.

I'd consult a lawyer soon if you can't cancel. You don't want them dinging your credit score or turning the bill over to a collection agency.

Also report them to the local Better Business Bureau.

Good Luck