San Diego, California

(This happened in the iIra Mesa/Sorrento valley area in San Diego)

First of all, I want to start of by saying that LA fitness looks like a huge *** shop to me. The pretty receptionist and the managers are all a rip off scheme.

Anyways, my brothers get an awesome deal for LA fitness ( no initiation fee and only $50 a month) so my mom and I walk in to get a membership. The guy is very rude and refuses to tell us the price until after he's said all this pointless ***. He pulls out a sheet and says our initiation fee is 100 dollars plus 50 a month, but then I told him my brothers got a different deal. He quickly switches the story and agrees to give us the membership. We wanted to pay ALL fees and expenses by cash, but he refused and said we MUST provide a card number & that we can only pay the first and last months then later pay the 2nd month ( makes absolutely no sense). My mom, being the great mom she is, started a huge fuss so we didn't put in the account number. For the next weeks, I was humiliated and harassed for an account number (im 15 so how the *** should i have an account number.) Finally they let me go after more talking and negotiating.

After all of this, I encounter something so disgusting, its hard to believe. A trainer from the gym starts talking to me and saying I need more muscle and that MY workouts wouldn't help me. He told me about his high school memories and I told him mines. We became really good friends(so it seemed). I told him about my grandfather in the military and he told me how I would never make it into the military without trainng. I thought he was my friend until he wanted to evaluate me. Which is fine to me. So i get evaluated and his manager is whispering behind my back almost like there planning something. Once I was done, they pull out a sheet with different prices and want to charge my account ( thank god i didnt have a cc number on there) and they said they wanted me to call my mom and make her come. She didn't come and I smelled something fishy going on. Thats when i googled the issue and found this website.

LA FITNESS IS A SCAM, THEIR PEOPLE DONT CARE ABOUT YOU, BEWARE OF THE TRAINERS, THEY WILL HARASS YOU FOR STUFF YOU DONT WANT.

I though he was my friend, but he was just trying to rip off an innocent 15 year old. Im going toconfront him tomorow and tell him to leave me alone.

LA FITNESS BULLY/HARASS THEIR CUSTOMERS INTO THINGS THEY DONT WANT.

This is just corporate greed and I can not believe this corporation is not being stopped.

I thought he was a friend, but he was just a blood-sucking LA fitness crook.

I hope all current members switch to a different gym, those of you wanting to sign up DONT, those of you who got away I am so happy for you, and those of you with the fake lifetime memberships, I feel very, very bad for you.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Membership.

Comments

"and they said they wanted me to call my mom and make her come" Wow! That is weird!