Overland Park, Kansas

A few weeks ago I joined the local LA Fitness club here in Everett, WA. I got suckered into signing up with a pricey personal training package after being promised fabulous (but unrealistic) results within a relatively short period of time. During the first training session, I realized I had made a mistake and I was not getting what I was paying for. The trainer seemed more interested in chatting with his steroid buddies that happened to be in the gym rather than focusing on training me. I also realized the trainer was following a generic training protocol rather than customizing the exercises and paying attention to my specific weaknesses. The trainer did not possess respectable certifications or qualifications (like CSCS or 4-year college degree in exercise science) that should be required in order to justify paying the kind of money they were asking. As a result of all this I decided to cancel the personal training package.

What happened next was interesting. The personal trainer started disrespecting me when he would see me in the gym. On one occasion he tried rubbing one of my weaknesses in my face, saying that if I hadn't canceled the sessions I would be able to get rid of the problem. We haven't spoken directly since, however I continue getting dirty looks and stares from him. A few days ago I was working out on a machine focusing on an exercise and the trainer threw a Swiss exercise ball at my machine like he was trying to intimidate me or something. I looked around and no one else was in the area and I couldn't find any reason why he would need to toss the ball at me. Since this area is full of machines, you can't exercise safely with a Swiss ball in that area.

The bottom line is that I am very surprised and disappointed by the childish behavior displayed by the personal trainer and the fact that LA Fitness hires such individuals. This behavior makes me feel like I'm back in elementary school. My advice to everyone is to not get suckered into personal training at LA Fitness. The trainers are not worth the kind of money they are asking.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Personal Trainer.

Comments

Any one who's has time to set around and complane is the joke the trainers here are asome and some buddy hired them so for those that are happy and training will never west there time on a sit like this

The ones that you think are trainers that are the rude ones are actually the sales guys that sell to the trainers.All the trainers are certified and have extra certs it's just the sales guys that are the jokes. The trainers there have knowledge, I just feel bad that they have a joke as a manager.

So true! Tony the head "trainer" is a total ***

wow! I go to this same la fitness and have noticed the same thing about the staff. they really are a joke.