Algonquin, Illinois

L.A. Fitness bought out Bally's and is taking their current member contracts.

They can be paying as little as $50.00 a year. I came over from Bally's years ago and am paying $25.00 a month. Not fair to current members!! Clubs are packed with new members paying considerably less than current members!!!!!

It is a crime. I asked to renegotiate and was blown off by manager. I refuse to supplement the memberships of the new people coming over. Current members have been paying their bills and doing their part.

Where is consumer loyalty. They should keep it fair.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Membership.

Comments

It's official, my LA Fitness has now been completely overrun by Bally's members. And why wouldn't they?

It's a nice, clean gym while all the Bally's are nasty.

Now I'm paying more than they are and getting less than I was before. I think I need to check out 24 Hour Fitness again.

Bismarck
#420205

I was a Bally's member and I'm paying $15.00 per year. I bought the membership as a special promotion lifetime membership and never let it expire. I'm not happy with LA Fitness but I guess I'm getting my monies worth now.

Joe is absolutely correct. Aside from paying more than others for the same thing, the Northeast Philadelphia facility is so over-crowded that you can't even get a parking spot, the classes are over-crowded to the point that you can't do the moves in the full range of motion intended, and all of the equipment is constantly in use. It is no longer a pleasant experience.

I was never a memember of Balley and pay $29.00 a month while the member from Bally are paying $10.00 to $20.00 and most are angry to be there.

My feelings exactly, I was a member of Bally for several years, and switched to La Fitness 4 years ago. I switched for the better quality equipment, less crowding and was prepared for the higher pricing for what was provided.

Now the gym is overrun by former Bally members who are paying less than half what I pay. What do I care about what anybody else pays? I don't, but what I don't like is paying double for equipment that is now difficult to access. Bottom line Bally members get an upgrade for half price, while I get a downgrade at double the Bally rate.

I'll wait until March to see what the overcrowding situation is like and then make my decision on whether it is worth it to stay.

At $720 a year for 2 memberships I can probably equip my home for my fitness needs in a short time. Maybe La Fitness has done me a favor!

***, what the *** do you care what anybody else pays...you should only be concerned about what you pay...

WWW.GYMSETTLEMENT.COM

WWW.FINTNESSSERVICESETTLEMENT.COM

CLASS ACTION ON MEMBERSHIPS PENDING

MULTIPLE OTHER LAWSUITS...

MAY BE A GOOD IDEA FOR YOU TO CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP NOW. IT'S ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE.

this is the same *** they did with Cardinal :(