Bellevue, Washington

This occured at L.A. Fitness in Morgan Park, Chicago Illinois. We all were lined up waiting for our spin class that fills up in seconds. You generally have to wait for at least a half hour JUST to sign in the class cause the instructor is so awesome. Anyway, the procedure..that is NOT WRITTEN any where has been that after we signed up for the class, we can go line up by the cycle class room and wait until the previous class has completed their class. AT THE OTHER CLUBS, WE ARE FREE TO GO RIGHT IN AFTER THE OTHER PATRONS HAVE EXITED, THE CYCLE WORKOUT ROOM..AT MORGAN PARK, THEY, THE MANAGERS, WANT TO COME, BLOCK THE DOORS AS IF WE ARE GOING TO A NIGHT CLUB AND THAT THEY ARE BOUNCERS, AND LET US IN ONE AT A TIME.

THE PROBLEM? The instructor of the previous class allowed those in the next class to come in. The managers came in after the patrons sat on their bikes and were preparing for class and told us "YALL COME OUT THE ROOM...YOU ALL KNOW THE RULES" As if we were children. Mind you, the previous instructor from the other class told us to come in. These RULES are no where written.

Another patron without raising her voice or using profanity voiced her opinion. Why are we getting off of our bikes, to come back in to get back on our bikes. Well the manager decided to get huffy and puffy and told the young lady.."YOU DONT HAVE TO COME TO MY CLUB...YOU CAN GO TO ANOTHER ONE" Then came back and said "YOU ARE NOT TAKING THE CLASS"

How does one forbid someone to take the class because they made a comment? This clown really had a power issue. Very tacky and that facility is UNPROFESSIONAL WITH PEOPLE WHO ACT AS IF THEY ARE LOWER CLASS. THE INSTRUCTORS ARE GREAT, BUT SOME OF THE STAFF NEEDS TO BE SOMEWHERE MAKING LICSENCE PLATES BECAUSE THEY LACK MANNERS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS. I WOULD NOT BRING MY DOG THERE TO WORKOUT IF THEY HAD PET YOGA JUST BECAUSE OF THE STAFF!

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Manager.

Comments

I'm big on customer service.For that reason I drive all the way from Indiana pass Lansing to morgan park.I have not had any run ins at this la fitness but I'm just done with it.Will Power Gym in Richton Park.Man of God works with celebrities and owns his own gym.

I was there for this event that was crazy! It would have been my first spin class but I decided to just work out.

Who goes to the gym to be yelled at? Not me!