San Diego, California

Last Saturday, June 11th at around 9:40 am my husband and I went to LA Fitness in 4S Ranch. We checked all 3 kids into the kids club.

Thirty minutes into our workout the lady at the front found my husband and said my 10 year old son with autism was gone and they didn't know where he was. My husband found him 0.7 miles from the gym! When he got there, 2 police cars had already found him and were keeping him safe. We assume it took the gym over 20 minutes to notice our child was gone.

That day I told the gym we needed to see a plan on how they were going to update their safety procedures to ensure this never happened again to our son and all other kids that they watch while their parents work out. Its important to say that they knew my son had autism and had a tendency to bolt. Today their District Manager Erin Mathewson got back to me. She said that their are not a licensed day care facility and only offer babysitting services.

For these reasons, she could offer us the following: we can bring a nanny with us to watch our son in the klub while we work out or my husband and I can trade off working out so one of us is watching my son in the klub while the other works out. They said they would not do anything else like improve the ratio of attendants/kids or replace their ridiculously unsafe gate.

They are trying to make this about my child and not their place which is completely unsafe. MY SON WAS MISSING FOR OVER 20 MINUTES WHILE I PAID FOR THEM TO WATCH HIM, AND THEY CAN'T COMMIT TO BETTER SAFETY PROCEDURES?

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Customer Care.

Reason of review: so mad.

Comments

My heart goes out to this story!

Even I reside in 4s Ranch and go down here.

I find this place very unsafe. One of the staff member treated me like trash and made me feel very uncomfortable.

I happen to complain and seems like that staff member is still working.

Clearly, LA fitness 4S ranch does not really care about their customers. The worst gym experience - too hot, bad restrooms, no soap, no tissues, lack of customer satisfaction!!