Anoka, Minnesota

Have been paying for a family membership for the past 5 years and recently returned to 'working out'. This club used to be very clean with staff that were knowledgeable and professional. That has certainly changed and we are wondering with so many unemployed people how the management staff of these facilities are able to retain their jobs.

Last weekend (after 3 weeks of continually battling hair clogged drains and dirty counters and toilets) I finally lost it when a shower stall was sporting a used tampon among other trash & asked to speak to the manager on duty.

The 2 young men at the front desk were barely able to communicate with the exception of a sullen, blank stare for 10 seconds before asking me what 'my' problem was. I gave him the shorter version of why I was unhappy and that I wanted to speak directly to the manager. I was told he was 'busy' and that this person would tell him I was unhappy. As I doubted his commitment to following up with the manager - I asked him to take my name and telephone number and to have Charles call me. This Call Never Came.

Trying to find the contact information for corporate or even the district level of this company is like a Sherlock Holmes mystery! Finally I tried the New Brighton Location and asked to speak with their manager in the hopes he could give me the District Managers Contact info - - Apparently, rude aggressive tones are what these jocks are valued for? Justin was extremely rude and rattled off the 949-255-7200 number which is posted online chats as "the phone that just rings".... that was my experience as well.

Now- There are ALWAYS some staff just sitting at the front desk - there are ALWAYS staff not with customers..... if LA Fitness does not want to PAY a locker room attendant to keep the trash cans from overflowing, to wipe down the counters and benches with a disinfectant, to quick swab out the hair and other items out of the shower stalls and to treat the pool in a way that changes the color from green - then they should have the useless jocks earn their pay and do it! Or----- Close the doors on this filthy facility.

There are many reasons WHY a facility would be is such shoddy condition with such useless employees and that starts at the TOP management level. It is apparent that upper management does NOT want to be contacted - they only want membership fees without the responsibility of providing clean environments and good employees. I am in the process of filing with the State of Minnesota and using a LA fitness 19miles - If that won't work - then we will cancel the memberships and move over to Lifetime Fitness.

I hate dealing with schmucks.

Comments

We usually go to the one in Roseville. However, we were close o the Blaine one and thought we would give it a try.

It was disgusting :x ! There were a bunch of dirt at the bottom of the pool and hair clumps floating around. No swimsuit/ hair dryers. The lockers are much smaller than the Roseville location.

The staffs there didn't as much even say hi when we walked in the door. This will be our first and last time there.

I use this location occasionally and find it one of the cleanest La locations. Mens locker room has never been dirty when I've used it.

Don't have any experience with the employees to comment on. Now if you want to see dirty bathrooms go to La in Edina!

They are always filthy! T do go there to work out but standing in sticky p--- in a restroom is disgusting - just think it gets tracked all over the gym!

It's really amazing that the LA Fitness staff will sit around on their cell phones at work and make responses to consumer complaints. Rather than fixing the problem, they choose to make sarcastic, untruthful and racially biased remarks that only serve to further destroy the companies reputation. Oh well, it won't be long before bankruptcy court anyway.

#419328

I'm sure the above two rebuttals were written by the gym staff!!

@Whatever

Wrong. There is no staff member named Kirk.

Feel free to ask the front desk. I lift there 5x per week and would gladly meet in person there to prove I am who I am.

are you there to work out or do a cleaning inspection??? :roll

I have been going to this gym for a year and have no idea what you are talking about. Every day I am there, the gym is getting cleaned by a male and female hispanic couple.

EVERY DAY IM THERE. Seriously, that's the most absurd thing I have ever heard.

I think the gym is very clean actually. Seriously, I am dumbfounded by this review.

@Kirk

I agree with Kirk... I moved from Xperience (formerly Gold's in Blaine) due to truly filthy conditions and had learned that they had one roving janitor for several locations -it was disgusting.

LA in Blaine has ALWAYS had cleaning staff working away...

it's hard not to bump into them wiping counters or something. I normally don't comment on these, but was looking for their Holiday hours and realized this was a bogus complaint.