Evanston, Illinois

This place is HORRIBLE. Not only is the equipment sub-par, the classes at inconvenient times, and the facility unpleasant, they are nothing but scam artists.

They will lie to your face and get you to sign extremely overpriced, unfair, and binding contracts. They told me I was signing up for 3 months of personal training sessions and that I could cancel easily at any time. They actually signed me up for 12 MONTHS at $140 a month. When I got a call 8 days later from national to review the terms of my agreement, it was already 5 days past the time I could cancel.

They didn't lodge any kind of complaint even though I was livid to discover what had happened. I went to the facility multiple times to complain, but national didn't have a single record of any of it. I cancelled my membership because I was so upset and did not want to pay the membership fee on top of the personal training sessions, and every employee I spoke with promised me that my personal training membership and gym membership were separate, and that I could use the personal training sessions I was paying for at any time whether or not I had a membership. WRONG.

When I tried to schedule an appointment, they informed me that I was not a member and could therefore not use the 4 training sessions that were costing me $140 every single month. Walk away before you get swindled yourself!

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Membership.

Comments