Bellevue, Washington

I went over the head of the operations manager, Sarah Kraft at my LA Fitness in Seattle and complained to corporate. She took me to court to try to get an antiharrassment order against me.

She thought going over her head was harrassment. The company actually paid money to hire an attorney to help her. The judge dismissed the case and told her that customer complaints were part of her customer service job and "deal with it".

Sarah was mad at me because she said I used too much paper towel even after I started bringing my own paper towel from home.

She terminated my membership because of this according to the court documents.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Membership.

Comments

Sarah Kraft, her life is a mess, can not pay for her mortgage, can not keep a simple relationship, got arrested for DWI, got fired from Spears INC.

I am taking my LA fitness contract to a lawyer, I signed up for personal training one month, and signed basically a blank paper that had areas to fill out for length of contract, date, price, etc. They are now calling me 15 times a day saying I owe them for a years worth of training as stated in the "contract".

They want 50% of a years cost, so like $2400 basically for nothing.

The trainer himself never said anything about it and was not even supposed to be training anyone (his GM was in one day so he said he couldn't train) I am going to sue for harassment for the calls emails and messages! Ridiculous!

i've worked over decade for La Fitness & I have SEEN EVERYTHING! PROBABLY THINGS THEY WOULD NEVER WANT ANYONE TO KNOW!

ESPECIALLY AFTER THE BODY OF CHANGE MERGER & THE INVESTORS $600 MILLION PLUS FOR THE NEW GROWTH. I BET IT WOULD BE WORTH QUITE A BIT TO NEVER HAVE ANYONE KNOW ABOUT HOW HORRIBLY HARRASSED & BLLYED YOU ARE AS AN EMPLOYEE! I WONDER JUST HOW MUCH TO SHUT ME UP??probably out of court.

I am so permanentaly mentally & physically drained. I don't know what to do, i can't even sleep anymore.

My cousin is an attorney and he said that if you had to pay for an attorney you should sue the manager in small claims court. If the court documents (transcript from court reporter and audiotape of hearing) prove it was nonsense you would win. There is never a guarantee but my cousin thinks you have a 99% chance of winning.

If the manager is so negative that she thinks complaining to management about her is harassment then she does not have a sense of humor. The manager needs to be more light hearted like "even more amused" wrote on 2-23-10.

If you win in small claims court the manager would be *** not to pay you. It would hurt her credit rating badly. Most people don't know that a bad credit rating is hurts you in many ways. Bad credit makes it difficult to get a loan (for home, etc.), get a job, get an apartment, credit card. Even the amount you pay for car insurance premium takes your credit rating into account.

Sure seems like the person who made this post made all the replys after mine. By the way, I don't work for La Fitness, I read postings such as this from time to time for fun.

It reminds me what life could be... Everyone is so negative now days, cheer up and see the light in things. Life will be so much smoother, trust me. It's not worth getting heated over a posting online.

Don't believe everything you read, that's my point. Those that understand unfortunately don't respond.

Amused said "... when it wasn't her place".

Customer doesn't need LA Fitness permission or approval to do things. LA Fitness has a GOD, control freak complex.

The company and manager can be taken to small claims court and the person they sued can win $$$.

If the manager does not pay the judgement their credit rating goes down the toilet. HAHA

He/she who laughs last laughs best.

You have an opinion. YOu know better than the judge who DISMISSED the case.

The court records can be viewed by the public. There is a court reporter and an audiotape. What next - did the judge and the court reporter forge the documents. Amused won't read them because the truth isn't important to people who like to spread malicious lies.

Sounds to me like LA Fitness has too much time and money on it's hands. Lots of negative comments abuot LA Fitness and class action lawsuit. Time wounds all heels.

LA Fitness will go banckrupt just like Bally Total Fitness. It's a matter of when not if.

No need to guess or assume. The court records are public records.

READ them before you have an opinion. Opinions are like *** everybody has one. When u assume u make an *** out of u and me.

Looks like David beat Goliath and Goliath is having a hissy fit. What the judge DISMISSED the case because he/she has a grudge against LA Fitness?

Amused sounds like he/she works for LA Fitness.

I think its halarious. I'm sure there is much more to that story.

No one would take someone to court over paper towels. Obviously the customer here created a large issue over something simple and comtinued to escalate when it wasn't her place.

What a bunch of losers. Gold's Gym Rocks, join them

LOL ROFL LA Fitness and Sarah Kraft sound like real nut jobs. I have read so many negative things from everyone on this web page, I would never join.

They have some really BAD KARMA coming to them.

In this economy, it's easier to get new employees than new customers. Hold your head up high you did nothing wrong.