Dallas, Texas

LA Fitness does not follow federal labor laws regarding their personal trainer employees. They tell trainers they will make $12/hr, but they do not pay for time spent waiting between clients.

They do not pay for time spent picking up the gym or for scheduling client appointments. According to federal labor law, an employer must pay employees for time spent waiting for work and for all work related activities. LA Fitness does not come even close to doing this.

It is possible I signed some agreement which waives my rights to being paid waiting time or time not spent training clients, but such an agreement may not be legal.

Furthermore, I was not allowed to read the agreements I signed. I was told to simply sign a computerized pad several times--agreeing to things I wasn't allowed to read nor given a copy of--lest I would not be hired.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Personal Training.

Comments

IN THE CASE OF SOME TMA INSTRUCTORS BEING TERMINATED FROM LA FITNESS AFTER THE ACQUISITION FROM BALLY'S, MANY OF THEM MAY HAVE A CONTRACT VIOLATION OR SOME OTHER CASE TO BRING ABOUT A CLASS ACTION.

TRAINERS, GROUP FITNESS INSTRUCTORS AND OTHER EMPLOYEES OF BOTH LA FITNESS AND BALLY'S MAY HAVE GROUNDS FOR FILING A CLASS ACTION ON UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICES, ETC.

GO FOR IT!

FIND A CLASS ACTION FIRM AND GET IT MOVING. MANY WILL JOIN.

To all those who say people shouldn't sign a document without reading it, I agree completely. However, when it comes down to having money to buy food and shelter, people are willing to do a lot of things they wouldn't normally do.

You are right its ***.....!!! They horrible work policies..

when LA fitness took over ballys, my pay dropped by two thirds. Eventhoug I was putting in a lot of my own time.

Doesn't sound to bright to sign something you haven't read. Who's fault is that? Not LA Fitness.

You chose to sign several things without reading them. You have 0 legal recourse and should just go find another job. Do you really think anyone can help you if you just sign things ***-nilly?