Long Beach, California

Furthermore, I have not authorized an electronic fund transfer from any of my accounts to a fictitious membership. Enclosed are documents to support my claim. I cannot express how this error had affected me, personally and my perspectives concerning the company and its employees. I have found the company does not make any effort to make things right; that it only has concerns about profit not corporate social responsibility. Hence, with social networks growing, do not be surprise to see negative comments and feedbacks regarding your company.

Shared in social networks including consumer complaint agency:

I would like to share about my personal experience, which pertains to a moral issue. I have been a member of LA Fitness since year 2001 and had nothing but staunchness to the health club. I added my sons for membership in two separate times when they showed interest in becoming a fitness enthusiast, set up automatic payments as fulfilled in the past with my membership... later discover that LA Fitness has been processing automatic withdrawals from my account for one of my sons' membership fee twice a month since September 01, 2011. I realize LA FITNESS is a large company so how can this happen? I had contacted the customer service and accounts manager, hoping to achieve fairness. I cannot begin to express how it feels. It feels like I am taken for granted and our patronage is neglected. It had caused me heartache and left me with a sense of ill because I had trusted in a company, which do not have any accountability. Employees have absence of customer service skills, demonstrating deficiencies in training or hiring the right employees, who should see to it that automatic payments are processed correctly. Is it because they are not paid enough or that they are striving college students that their only objective is to make a living? How can a company show concern for the well being of individuals when it does not believe in humanity? Why would LA FITNESS advertise a bogus concern for someone’s health and fitness if the company coherently expresses the one and only organizational objective of profitability?

LA FITNESS has been very quick in processing payments, which understandably creates profit, but first and foremost, the company had failed to train their employees of doing a simple task of processing automatic payments correctly; thus in fact relies on the member's tactfulness or responsibility to see to it that their employees had actually set up the ACH or automatic payments correctly.

It is heart breaking to listen to an employee saying "Well, it IS and WAS your responsibility to check if the automatic payment is taken out of your accounts correctly"...it does not matter if an individual has been a client for over twelve years.... LA FITNESS would only refund six months out of two years of the charges it has been processing erroneously! It is so wrong! Do the right thing, LA Fitness! Return the money that does not belong to you, regardless of who made the mistake (which obviously you would never admit)! You would not want your family or loved ones going through the same terrible experience! Without any regard to the amount of money you have, you probably do not even have the time to waste on little issues like mine! I do not want to sound irrational but it feels like I was cheated and violated. I want to keep my faith in justice and fairness, but this experience changes everything. It is completely nerving that this company is getting the best of small people like me, regardless of my membership for over twelve years!

LA FITNESS does not represent the name it carries. This letter could be irrelevant to some and it is a shame the company still exists.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Personal Training.

• corporate social responsibility