Blackwood, New Jersey

I've been a Ballys member for over a year now. Recently, i haven't been able to go to the gym.

Therefore, i decided to save my money and just cancel my membership.

Now that Ballys is La Fitness, i thought the cancellation policy would go according to La Fitness one. According to La Fitness Policy, if i cancel my membership and have my LETTER postmarked within 5 business day before my next billing cycle, my membership will be cancel and I will not be charge another month fee. So, i sent out my letter out last week thinking that should be more than enough time before my next month charge.

I got an email today saying that i will be charge another month fee and that my membership will expired not in Jan, but in Feb. I thought that was weird, so i called up to La Fitness and spoke to one of the customer service rep. She told me that since i'm a Ballys member, La fitness has to follow Ballys cancellation policy. Instead of 5 business days notice, i have to give a 20 days notice.

It makes absolutely no sense! Ballys is now La Fitness, but yet, La Fitness has to follow ballys cancellation policy?!! I was very furious. I decided to ask her about freezing the account policy.

With Ballys, it only cost $4 to freeze, whereas, La fitness, it costs $10. I asked her if la fitness also follow that policy, since they're following the cancellation policy according to ballys. The lady couldn't give me an answer. Very shady!!!

Bottom line is, DO NOT SIGN UP with La Fitness!!!! Horrible business policy that makes absolutely no sense.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Membership.

Comments

LA FITNES CHICAGO STINK!

In Chicago, they take it Bally (where the pass for a month was aprox. 15$).

When I was after 1 dec. 2011, now is LA Fitness, an arrogant guy tell me minimum is 75, just for a month. The atitude was like he was the general manager and i was there for cleaning the pool, even my wath was like his sallary in a month. When I was with a friend for talking again,the same response, even I had received an brochure from LA fitness "Come to us for just 13,99 for month".

I was again with another friend and hwo resolve the problem after 20 mins. negociations, without contract, with 30$/month, when I'm interested just for pool, because I have home gym. A short and fat assian girl(more arogant than first guy), has tried to lied me that I must put 2 coins in the big locker, for use it. Not was like that but much worse.

So, you put the objects inside, and close the loker. Go to at gym and after, you want to use the pool. So you must put another quarter, for taking thongs, swim equipement and others. After the pool you must go to the shower.

Get the soap, shampoo, towel and others and put another quarter. If you want to take something when you are there, easily spend a dollar in each day.

That arrogant asian girl stayed in front of me like at bar and talk to oters when I spoked with her. So, Bally was worse, but LA Fitness is more then that!

Stop reposting! We got the hint the first time you posted your complaint. Posting it again only makes us care less about it.

www.gymsettlement.com

www.fitnessservicesettlement.com

pending class action for membership cancellation is in progress. If they continue to bill you after the dates, even though you've properly filed all the paperwork, then you may be eligible to join the suit when notice comes to members.

Contact your state's office of attorney general if they do not stop charging your account. Follow up with your local club and corporate office. Stop them now!