Tamarac, Florida

I joined LA fitness in October 2009 and signed for and agreed to a 6 month personal training contract. When I arrived at the gym, the trainer who signed me up stated that they made a mistake on my paperwork and that I needed to resign one document.

Low and behold after I resigned... all of a sudden the 6 month contract had been changed to a 12 month contract. Then I became injured and had to "freeze" my sessions at a charge of $15.00 a month.

I went to resume my training sessions earlier than anticipated, but they will not credit my account for fees charged prior. I am also aware of a "manager" pocketing cash for a 1 month renewal for a friend who travels a lot and didn't want to sign anything!

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Personal Trainer.

Comments

I'm so angry with LA Fitness, they have turned free personal training into a big marketing scam to sell more training. When I returned to the club and requested the seat adjustments I orginally asked for, they refused. What jerks, my membership will be canceled.

I can't believe LA fitness. they have succeded in changing a very satisfied customer to a very angry enemy by not giving a care to help me change my membership, throwing every road block concievable into doing this, and trying to squeeze every cent possible from me!

I signed up for 3 months of personal training. I noticed I kept getting charged and called the club.

I was suppose to call and cancel the payments. By the time I cancelled it I had two extra months of payments, plus once you cancel even if you have sessions left you cannot schedule on-line you have to call or go in and make appointments.