Oswego, Illinois

Another lie. It was billed the very next month. I am still trying to get this situation resolved. I am disputing the charges with my credit card company right now.

I am disgusted by LA Fitness and the corporate scheme to rip people off.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Personal Trainer.

Comments

La fitness did the same to me, they are a very dishonest company! Call you credit card company and report it lost so they can give you a new one with a different number!

I agreed to the *** contract, knowing that I could never cancel. My problem is none of the five trainers were any good.

Four pushed me until I felt like I was going to have a heart attack or stroke. I kept asking to ease into it, explaining my levels of heart, lung, tendons and muscle pains for three to four days... (For four months).

The fifth trainer was too light. Now, they just harass me

I signed a contract for a personal trainer Monday 8 2012 and the contract said I can cancel three days after the date I signed so I canceled and send in a letter Wenesday for next day delivery and accordant to USPS they got it Thursday at 11:28am . I called sunday cause they are open and they said they never got it .

And it's to late now . That's some bull ***.

THIS IS A COPY/PASTE from message by KJR. I am going through the EXACT same issue with this company.

PLEASE leat me know if anyone is taking legal action. I would like to jump on the bandwagon.

I notice many people are in the same situation as I am in which LA Fitness corporate office doesn't have a record of the costumer attempting to cancel the membership. I was also promised that mine was cancelled and my credit card would no longer be billed for personal training. Another lie.

Does anyone know of a class-action lawsuit filed by consumers against the fraudulent tactics used by this company? I am disgusted by LA Fitness and the corporate scheme to rip people off.

Please let me know if anyone wants to file a lawsuit against this horrible fitness center. The staff at the Highland Village center is rude and they have a fictitious manager who is more difficult to meet than the President!

When u enter their store to enroll, they are all over you like bees and I had to go there 4 times to cancel. Finally, when the letter was mailed out, they claim not to have received it. The billing continues and they reap up all this and grow.

Please stay away from them in Highland Village; they should change their name to 'Unfit' center!!!

The rudeness of their staff cannot be imagined. hey treat you like u r begging them for something.

I am getting billed from L.A. Fitness.

I don't have a membership with them at all and not for years. But all of a sudden they started billing me $19.99 for a membership. I thought I had it all straightened out, but again this month they billed me $19.99 again. I did have a membership a year ago with Ballys and I know L.A.

Fitness took over Balleys. But the problem here is my membership has not been active for at least a year. Plus when I joined up for membership I Paid for the year so I wouldn't have any monthly payments. Once the year is over I could sign up again or not, but I was never to be billed.

Now I am being billed for a membership out of the blue. This is ticking me off. So if there is any lawsuits of recent let me know, because I want to join up and sue L.A. Fitness for taking money from me and causing me hassle.

My money is important to me. Thanks!

This is the worst Gym i have ever been a member of. I from Mesa from Buckeye tried to cancel the account (because of no gym out there) they said no, i asked them what do i need to do to cancel they said i don’t know, i asked them to take my number off the account i get a i don’t have to do *** Rude impossible to get any information from them you have to dig for it yourself.

CEO PO BOX (Po box 54170 Ervine CA 92619) CEO Email any ideas? I talked to the district office and asked for them to cancel my account and they told me to print out a form and bring it in by hand to their store. (I did that 2 weeks ago)but come to find out if it has not been post marked they will toss it in the trash.

They want me to do it again but with a postmark. this ended up costing me 2 more months of membership fees.

has anyone had la fitness loose your credit card info then want to charge you for your card not going through, i think its bull, they made that up. i called my bank and there shouldnt be a problem.

ive been with them since 2009. ive done the training for 2 years. ive had 2 great trainers out of 10. but theres always something sketchy going on with la fitness.

ive had to speak to their corporate office more then once and even when you speak to the so called "manager" they're RUDE! i pay good money for them just to treat me like this :(

i myself work in retail and i would be fired on the spot if i treated a customer the way they treat me.

I wish they would just charge people fairly. they need to realize that theyre not the only gym especially here in miami. there are plenty of other places to go and im currently looking for new spinning and yoga places to attend in my area. bye bye la fitness

I have a ballys membership thats paid for for 3 years, no monthly fee. if we had upgrade in december we all would have been paying 20 a month and been able to reserve raquetball courts and have guests go with us, which they never informed any members that I know.I don't like this gym or how they treat members especially those from ballies...everytime I try to change something its always sorry you can't upgrade...you should have done it in december.

I would join a class action in a heart beat. you can email me at drizzit_k@yahoo.com if you start one.

We are anonymous

We are legion

We do not forgive

We do not forget

Expect us

-Anonymous

#419681

Anyone know of "real" help to stop LA Fitness? Out $600.00 already and seems like no end in sight.

No contract ever given that was supposedly signed and every person I get on the phone refers me to someone else. No one ever does anything to resolve the issue!

Hello. We have already started a class action against Bally's that you all are certainly welcome to check out.

You can find us via our Facebook page set up for the class action, just input for "Ballys LA Fitness Class Action ​Lawsuit" in your FB search line and then click on the "Polldaddy Survey" form on the left side of the page to submit your information.

Feel free to acccess our Facebook page ​by searching for Bally's / L.A. Fitness Class Action Lawsuit and submitting your information for the suit by accessing the survey link on the left side of the page.

Here's my email is jennibu84@gmail.com I'm down with discussing class action lawsuit.

Boca Raton, LA Fitness

Heather! They did the same thing to me! I NEVER SAW THE CONTRACT FOR THE TRAINER! How can I sign what I never saw?

I signed a credit transaction when I was signing up for the gym. That's the only time I signed anything.

They show me a copy of the contract I "Signed" It was pixelated! It's like they copy-pasted my digital signature!

I have panic attacks at the place. I left the gym crying because of one trainer after going through other trainers that sucked and the one I liked I couldn't book.

Give me a *** refund..!

I am also dealing with the SAME problems you are all dealing with. I would be completely interested in going into a class action lawsuit against them. I signed up with them and was told that I could cancel anytime. I cancelled two weeks into it because I had a personal family matter arise that required me to move across the country. Being a single, Iraq-widowed mother of THREE children... LA Fitness made my life *** by withdrawing $600 January 2nd. That was both December's club fees and January. Yet, the sales manager at the club assured me in November my contract was cancelled. Now they want $1170 more for canceling my contract. What contract?! You mean the RECEIPT that was stapled in the back of my fitness book? I was told that I should always read the terms of a contract before signing. Well, heres the funny part... how can I read the contract when its on the computer screen facing away from me and I'm being told its not a contract and just being read the terms of my "Membership?" And to sign on a digital pad if I accept the fees.

I was completely taken advantage of and now I'm in a world of financial trouble trying to support my 3 children this month.

Thanks LA Fitness for starting 2012 out this way!!

I'm currently going some hardtimes with LA fitness. I was lied to and given the run around.

The are giving me the hardest time trying get answers or help. Corporate is honestly good for nothing! They actually made me more mad than the *** who was supposed to help me..

since he is the "manager". Everything I was told was a lie, and I was never given a contract.

I signed up for a persnal trainer...went to two sessions and couldn't make it to anymore...I didn't cancel tillmonths after which accumilated to 22 sessions which means I payed 550 dollars and finally I cancelled and they don't want to refund me my money! They said NOREFUNDS!

But I never was told that and I never signed a contract! Now they don't want to return my money even when I never signed for it....what to do!

I had the same problem with them. I am looking for people to pursue a class action law suit against LA Fitness.

L.A. Fitness violated the Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act.

This exact same thing happened to me. I am disputing the charges with my cc company.

So far I haven't achieved any serious results. Please help!