Houston, Texas
1.9
Additional Fees
Cleanliness
Equipment Quality

They lied to my face to get me to sign up for personal training, and the trainers were unprofessional.

They have a nice facility with good equipment, but the staff are easily the pushiest people I have ever dealt with.

To start, the only way to read the multi-page agreement was on a credit card scanner with a 5 inch screen. After a while, they told me it has 4 terms: I wont use performance enhancing drugs, I wont seek medical advice from them, I won't sue if I hurt myself, and I will pay for any equipment that I damage. Those are reasonable terms, so i signed up. After that, they told me I can buy training sessions in packs of 4 for $180, and I would buy another 4 with their android app when i used them.

They gave me a free session with an energetic happy trainer, then I never saw her again. Every trainer I worked with after her was apathetic and down-right pissed off at me for wasting their time. (Yes i know I'm fat. Why do you think I'm here in the first place?) After a month of this, they charged $180 that I didn't have out of the blue to my debit card and overdrew my checking account.

I tried to cancel, and that's when they told me I'm locked in for another year unless I pay a $900 penalty.

They flat out refused to cancel it, amd eventually, I had to cancel the debit card they had on file. Then for the next month, I got several calls per day asking for a new card.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

I feel for you. I am in the same situation and unfortunately have my Credit card on file.

I just want to make sure if you had to go through anything more serious than the calls from LA after you cancelled your card on file.

Have your doctor write a letter stating that the gym work out is harmful for health reason and fax it to their corporate office . That's how I got out of my contract.