Joliet, Illinois
3.1

The gist of two sessions:

After two sessions with a so-called personal trainer, I cancelled the Personal Trainer Agreement and received a refund of $260 from the $330 I paid.

Session One with Ron was okay. Session Two, Ron sucked! He showed no interest in helping me with the exercises, and could have caused neck injuries if I didn't have the common sense to stop. He was going through the motions! Throughout both sessions, I constantly asked questions about what I should be doing instead of him telling me.

His information conflicted what his supervisor told me during the sign up perio. Although the personal trainer director ensured me that Ron was great because his mom has been working with Ron for over a year, something didn't seem right.

Remind you that Session Two was after the Three Day Cancellation requirement to cancel without having to pay 50% of remaining contract amount.

I Goggle how to cancel personal trainer contract with LA Fitness and saw thousands of bad reviews!

So before I allowed myself to get physically hurt from lack of caring from PT, and stuck with paying $280/month for subpar trainer, I cancelled both contracts after the so-called three day period. I re-read the agreement closely and saw on page two, first paragraph a Ten-Day Cancellation clause!!!! I wrote a letter stating that clause and sent it via priority mail (tracking method) with their official cancellation form from their website. To my surprise, the personal trainer agreement was cancelled within two days of them recieving my letter and form.

I received a confirmation of cancellation via an e-mail and a refund with three days!!!!!

I just knew from the bad reviews posted online that this was going to be a difficult process but thank goodness it wasn't.

Most importantly, before sending in the letter and form, I made sure they couldn't make any additional charges to my credit card by getting a replacement cc.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Personal Trainer.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments