Miami, Florida
Cleanliness

I just moved to Miami, FL and I signed up to the LA fitness at AMC sunset drive. I initially signed up to be a regular member and was given a complimentary fitness training evaluation.

After the fitness evaluation, I was told to sign up for the fitness training program. I specifically told the sales person that I would be in Miami for less than 2 months and would not be able to sign any long-term agreement. The sales person by the name of Joe (#305-975-9645) constantly kept on pushing me to sign a 12-month agreement at an outrageous price of about $240/month for a 12-month program and over $300/month for a 6-month contract. I still told him I would be leaving in less than 2 months back to NY and hence wont be able to sign any contract.

He then told me repeatedly that I would be able to cancel within two months and I should just come and meet him before I leave. When we began signing the document, he began acting shady and even blocked the part where it said I would have to pay 50% if I cancel. I approached him about that and he told me he would never do that to me, as I told him Im just a student and I do not even have a job. Finally, i signed up to the fitness training program with the assurance that I could cancel within 2 months.

4 weeks after, I am told that I would be relocated back to NY for my rotation as I am a medical student and so i go back to LA fitness to cancel, only to be told by the VP, Juan Garcia (Juan.Garcia@fitnessintl.com) that I would have to pay 50% of what is left which was about $800.

I was outraged and just realized that I had been scammed. After reading all the reviews online, I realized i was not the only one in this situation and so many people were in the same shoes as myself. I tried contacting Joe who signed me up and he would neither pick up my calls nor reply my text. I do not know what to do again, if we let LA fitness have its way, more innocent people are going to be scammed.

We would have to do something to put this to a stop. Please let me know whats the next option for me.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

La Fitness Cons: Totally misleading, Unprofessional personal trainer, False misrepresentation.

Comments

Don't pay them. It will not go against you on your credit. LA Fitness NEVER reports non-payment to the credit bureau.