Andover, Minnesota

Recently LA Fitness bought all the Bally Total Fitness centers in Minnesota. According to their website, they wanted to make access easy for those folks whose membership agreements they bought during this purchase.

I have had a Bally Total Fitness membership for over 25 years. Originally I purchased a lifetime membership at Holidy Health Clubs in Colorado, which was subsequently purchased by Bally. My monthly dues have always been $6.60/month - per the contract, there can be no increase. In 1988 I moved back to Minnesota.

I told Bally I had moved and they billed me at my Minnesota address for all these years, but, apparently, never transfered my "membership" to the Bally center here in Fridley, MN. Thus, LA Fitness did not purchase my membership. Bally told me by email exchange that they could transfer my membership to LA Fitness but I had to find out from them what my dues would be. When I talked with Charles at the LA Fitness Blaine, MN location, he was rude and seemed only interested in arguing about which company had purchased Holiday and when, but he did tell me it was likely Bally had never transfered my membership to MN.

He told me the corporate office would decide if they would accept the transfer and what the dues would be, but it would be $19.90-29.90 plus a $200 membership fee. He made disparaging remarks about Bally and scoffed that no wonder they went bankrupt if they let people pay $6.60/mo. When I said, let's forget about Bally, why should I join LA Fitness instead of a competitor, his attitude seemed dismissive as he rattled off how they replaced their equipment as it wore out, used latest equipment, etc. but did not seem at all interested in getting me to join.

In my opinion, he exhibited an extremely bad attitude and poor customer service. If someone is upset, a good customer service person calms them down, he does not try to antagonize them by arguing with them or infering they showed poor judgement in purchasing a membership with a competitor.

Also, there is no way that I found on the LA Fitness website for someone to complain directly to LA Fitness at a level higher than the local club. Even the Pissed Consumer LA Fitness site only directs you back to the customer service at the same club you want to complain about!!

Comments

949-255-7200

I did call for my case. It doesn't look like they did anything about my complain. That rude staff is still the "Sales Manager" at the Arcadia club.

LA FITNES CHICAGO STINK!

In Chicago, they take it Bally (where the pass for a month was aprox. 15$).

When I was after 1 dec. 2011, now is LA Fitness, an arrogant guy tell me minimum is 75, just for a month. The atitude was like he was the general manager and i was there for cleaning the pool, even my wath was like his sallary in a month. When I was with a friend for talking again,the same response, even I had received an brochure from LA fitness "Come to us for just 13,99 for month".

I was again with another friend and hwo resolve the problem after 20 mins. negociations, without contract, with 30$/month, when I'm interested just for pool, because I have home gym. A short and fat assian girl(more arogant than first guy), has tried to lied me that I must put 2 coins in the big locker, for use it. Not was like that but much worse.

So, you put the objects inside, and close the loker. Go to at gym and after, you want to use the pool. So you must put another quarter, for taking thongs, swim equipement and others. After the pool you must go to the shower.

Get the soap, shampoo, towel and others and put another quarter. If you want to take something when you are there, easily spend a dollar in each day.

That arrogant asian girl stayed in front of me like at bar and talk to oters when I spoked with her. So, Bally was worse, but LA Fitness is more then that!

In my opinion, almost all employees must be out!

HERE'S ONE ADDRESS FOR LA FITNESS. GO AHEAD AND WRITE OR CALL DIRECTLY TO THEM. I DON'T HAVE A PHONE NUMBER, BUT IT DOES NO GOOD ANYWAY.

LA FITNESS

8105 IRVINE CENTER DRIVE SU. 200

IRVINE, CA 962618

BEWARE, THEIR ADDRESS SEEMS TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.

WWW.GYMSETTLEMENT.COML

WWW.FITNESSSERVICESETTLEMENT.COM

PENDING CLASS ACTIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION AND OTHER LAWSUITS.

CONTACT THE OFFICE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL WITH A CONSUMER COMPLAINT REGARDING BOTH BALLY TOTAL FITNESS AND LA FITNESS.

JOIN LIFETIME FITNESS. IT'S A FAR BETTER CLUB. YOU PAY MORE BUT IT'S WORTH IT FOR BETTER TREATMENT.