Muskegon, Michigan

LA fitness is a scam company that lie in your face. I had a 2 year contract with Bally Total Fitness and that contract expired. Now LA fitness claims that I re-sign a 2 year contract with them but they cannot provide any documentation for that. When I call they just say ''There's nothing you can do just pay'' and they hang up.

There is a lot of complaints on line on LA Fitness and please learn from others mistakes. I had to change my account number in order to stop them from charging me. The only way to get LA fitness from robbing you is to have a attorney give them a phone call/write a letter.

Do never ever give them your SS or account number!!!!

Do not sigh in with those scammers!!!

Royal OAk MI

Comments

The crime rate there is ridiculous. Lockers broken in to, car windows smash and robbed. I don'.t mean occassional, it's a often occurenc.e.

Bally's took money out of my Wells Fargo Account after I let my contract expire. I did not renew.

I have made several attempts to get it back. It's like they can't do nothing. As a result it bounced my account and Wells Fargo closed my account because of it.

Not cool. I am not paying for a service I did not receive.

SIGN UP FOR THE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT ON FACEBOOK, AND/OR CONTACT YOUR STATE'S OFFICE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO CONTRACT LAWS PROTECTING YOU FROM THIS EGREGIOUS BEHAVIOR.

ALSO, ANONYMOUS 2 DOES SOUND LIKE AN EMPLOYEE OF LA FITNESS, WRITING A TYPICAL FOOLISH, RUDE AND UNHELPFUL REPLY.

But my contract expired !!! I do not want this '' privilege'' of two gyms.

I just want to be left alone. The girl at Royal Oak location, where I never even step my foot, claims that I automatically resign my contract with them!!!

P.S are you from the company?

Your contract with Bally expired and you didn't renew it. The reason an LA Fitness 2 year membership costs more than a Bally's 2 year membership is because you have access to your original Bally club as well as much larger LA Fitness facilities that offer more classes, more equipment, and things like Raquetball and Basketball courts.

I fail to see how this is a scam.

You pay a little more and you get a lot more for it. Also, anybody who has actually signed up with LA Fitness knows that unlike many of their competitors, LA Fitness does NOT collect social security numbers.