San Diego, California

To whom it may concern,

I have been a member of LA Fitness for approximately a couple of years. I encountered an inconvenience this morning as I was using the exercise room to perform my routine. The cleaning gentleman insists that he will do the major cleaning at 5 am when I am there on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I submitted a complaint to the front desk assistant mgr. Jessica, but some managers at LA Fitness are a joke. I have been experiencing this issue for months, along with a few of my friends as we work together in this room, but I did not want to make an issue out of this until this morning. This gentleman literally sweeps a few inches away from our feet. This interaction is totally unacceptable and inappropriate. The cleaning person has no boundaries of space nor consideration whenever there are members in the exercise room, he either starts vacuuming or mopping the floor with intense chemical smells and leaves the floor wet as people are still in the room (This is a safety issue). I approached him this morning and he challenged me to file a complaint without taking into consideration the customer service piece. He is unable to understand that the gym is open for use to members at 5 a.m. My husband, some of my friends and I are thinking about terminating our memberships, since there was no regards shown towards the members at any point. Cleaning should be a priority, but it should not interfere with the member's workout activity or bring a safety and health issue to them. If you are unable to assist us with my complaint, then let us know the person to do so.

I appreciate your consideration on this matter.

marcarvel@aol.com

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Membership.

Comments

IT LOOKS LIKE AN LA FITNESS STAFF MEMBER BY THE NAME OF "duh" (how fitting) IS WRITING RESPONSES TO MEMBER COMPLAINTS. NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN SIT AT THE CLUB ON THEIR CELL PHONE ONLINE AND WRITE FAKE OR DEROGATORY RESPONSES.

YOU DON'T PAY FEES TO TERMINATE YOUR MEMBERSHIPS.

HOWEVER, A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT IS PENDING FOR MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION. CANCEL, KEEP WATCHING YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AND JOIN ANOTHER FITNESS CLUB.

You can cancel if you want, but they will charge you for early contract termination. And rightly so.

Your complaint is certainly not alone. There are so many complaints about cleanliness issues in the clubs, either it's filthy or the cleaning crew don't really clean much, or they get in the way of members.

Join another gym like LIFETIME or anywhere else. You will be glad you did.