Evanston, Illinois
1.6

LA Fitness – Chicago - Lawrence ave

Here is my very unpleasant experience from today visit at LA fitness- Lawrence Avenue in Chicago IL. After I learn that LA Fitness does member appreciation day, I brought a friend who is a member of other local gym. We have talked about my gym and I wanted to show him around.

I have picked up my friend and drove there together, on the front desk I explained that I have guest with me and that I want to show him around. They called one of the sales people who I have explained that my guest wants to see around and he might be potential member. He wanted to sell him membership and made it clear that without buying one I cannot bring my friend inside the gym. Then he called a front desk person to show him around while I was changing to do my work out. When I came out from the locker room, my guest said that he had the tour and they have told him that he has to pay if he wants to stay longer.

I went again to talk with the sales person explaining I drove my friend to the gym and if it’s possible that he gives him guest pass, so he wouldn’t just wait for me outside the gym. He said no. My guest had to wait for me in local store Mariano’s for me while I was working out.

I will never bring a friend again in LA Fitness. What happened to the good old LA Fitness where guest were welcomed to look around and have a day workout before they decide if they want to buy a membership or not. I have been brought by a friend before 6 years for a day workout and that’s how I’ve become a member. This is so disappointing. I will never bring a friend with me in the future.

Felt embarrassed in front of the guest and had to leave him wait outside. Embarrassing!

Not what I have expected from a gym I’ve been member for 5 years. LA had definitely changed treatment of new potential members. Is this because you have achieved number of members enough to make a decent profit so new ones are not welcomed!?

Oliver

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Membership.

La Fitness Cons: Not properly trained management.

Comments