Alliston, Ontario

I often go to the gym with my boyfriend and my brother later in the evening until the gym closes. Every night the employees kick everyone out of the gym at 10:45-10:50. They turn all the lights off on us while we're working out. They do give a warning that they are about to close in 20 and then 10 mins. But everyone knows the gym hours are until 11:00pm so why can't they just stay open for 10 extra mins?! Not only do they kick us out early - they also cut people's locks off prior to 11pm! It's totally unacceptable and frustrating. I attend that gym pretty much every single day and they've been doing this for the whole 2 years Ive been with the gym.

Last night, my boyfriend and I were there again and the gym was to close at 8:00pm. However, at 7:25 someone came and turned all the lights off on us and at 7:30 an announcement came on saying "All Gym members must leave the facilities immediately." It didn't sound urgent and they gave no reason for this so I continued with my arm workout. Then the girl from the front desk came and told us all that we had to leave and didn't give a clear explanation as to why I asked others that were around as well as my boyfriend and they said something was wrong with .... and they trailed off so nobody knew what we were leaving for. My boyfriend was waiting at the front desk for me while I went to get my stuff from the change room and he said there was no reason and that the staff just wanted to get out early and it definitely seemed that way.

I take my workouts seriously and I was not pleased whatsoever with whatever the *** they were doing last night and I will for sure be bringing it to management's attention when I go to the gym today.

Comments

It's impossible that the lights were turned off that early. The lights in every club are on timer, the employees can not simply shut the lights off because they want to close up and go home early. The clicks may be slightly off throughout the club, but everything is on a timer and not controlled by staff.

No offense but if you take working out so seriously, why not plan enough time to get it done before club closes. Yes, employees don't get paid past the shift and yes they need to clean the club after members who don't know how to put equipment away.

But I also will agree that might be a lazy employee... you should worktout and put your equipment away by closing time, whatever it may be.

No, I'm not LA management or staff. My comment was made from a past experience with LA. :roll

I'll tell you why they do that. It's because there are A LOT of people who think that because the club closes at say 11:00 they can work out UNTIL 11:00 and then shower and change etc...

The workers DO NOT get paid past their shift. So if people are still not out of the club by 11:15 the workers have to stay on their own time and that is just not fair. Plus the workers are suposed to take that time and pick up around the club and put the equipment away that people leave everywhere. As for cutting off the locks.

No one is supposed to leave their stuff overnight. Period.

MORE THAN LIKELY, YOU HAVE A CASE OF LAZY LA FITNESS EMPLOYEES WHO JUST WANT TO GET OUT OF THE CLUB, A COMPANY THAT WANTS TO CUT COSTS AT ALL COSTS BY CLOSING EARLY, AND A CASE WHERE THEY JUST DON'T CARE. MORE THAN LIKELY, "MICKEL" IS ONE OF THE MANY LA MANAGERS OR STAFF WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN MAKE RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL AND UNHELPFUL RESPONSES TO CONSUMER COMMENTS LIKE YOURS.

IT'S ONE OF THE REASONS WHY LA FITNESS WILL BE IN U.S. BANKRUPTCY COURT SOON WITH ALL THE LAWSUITS FILED AGAINST IT.

good luck with that..