Washington, District Of Columbia

I had my Ballys membership since 1989 and the original club was in Wheaton, MD. I have been going to the Rockville, Md location for years and I live in Rockville,MD Lafitness have closed the Rockville, MD location and are allowing Member from the original Rockville, MD club to workout there without up grading to an Signature Club.

I was told the other day that, I would also be able to come to the Signature Club without having to pay an upgrade. Now I am being told I must pay an upgrade fee.

This is discrimination. They need to be sued.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Membership.

Comments

I have the same issue here in Los Angeles, CA. I even renewed at the $180.00 rate that LA Fitness charged instead of the $99.00 rate that Bally's previously charged.

When they opened the new location across the street from the old location and shut down the old location, I was told that my membership was no longer valid because I belonged to a "Sports Club" rather than a "Signature Club". Talk about a bait-and-switch!

@StevenF

I leave in DC and LA fitness ha moved to a new location an now are not acsepting my old membership that I had since ballys was change to La fitness !Reason is that now is a signature club and I have to upgrade my membership to work out at this new location !