2.3
Additional Fees
Cleanliness
Equipment Quality

Update by user Sep 21, 2017

I am pleased to report that LA Fitness HQ agreed to cancel my unintended membership and refund the membership fee for Sept. 2017. (I would still suggest avoiding the LA Fitness facility in Delray Beach FL.)

Update by user Sep 14, 2017

Meant to give them 1 *, and then only because 0 *s was not an option.

Original review posted by user Sep 14, 2017

I visited the LA Fitness center in Delray Beach FL on Aug. 6 to inquire about options for my working out there for the 1-month that I would be visiting in the area.

I was told by Frank that the best offer he could make was a charge of $95 for that period. I thought that was high, but with the intense heat in Florida in August I really needed an indoor place to work out. So I agreed to pay that amount, signed what I thought was the credit card change, and was provided a key ring card to use to enter the club. I received no other documentation while I was at the gym, but was told my receipt would be mailed to me.

It's now over one month later; I have returned home from Florida and I've been notified that I will be charged $32 each month for my continuous membership at this fitness center-- which is located 1000 miles from my home. after multiple calls, emails and a letter, I was finally able to cancel my membership. However, I was not able to get them to reverse the charge for September membership. So my only recourse is to blast LA Fitness on social media and work with my credit card company to dispute and remove the monthly charges for Sept.

Please avoid misrepresentation and aggravation by staying away from this gym. They clearly are not honest business people.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Membership.

I didn't like: Being deceived, Staff taking advantage of me, Dishonest sales people, Charged for services, Rules for cancelation.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 14, 2017.

Comments

Frank did the same thing to me. I signed a contract with no upfront fee.

I sked for a copy and he said it will be emailed to me. I started to use the facility and all of sudden my access card is not working. I go to Frank. He tells me I'm not in system and then He tries to resell me again at a higher upfront cost and monthly.

This guy is no good. and I have to check my credit card again.