Dallas, Texas
4.2
Cleanliness

I signed up for LA Fitness about a year ago with a couple of friends. One of my friends cancelled in March, the lady told her that she could continue working out until April 1st and she wouldn't be charged anymore. LA Fitness continued charging her for the next 9 months, saying that they did not have any record that she went in to cancel.

While on the phone with corporate they offer to give her two months back (this was 5 days ago, so we will see if this actually happens). Then while one the phone they tell her that we are on a family plan and that she is going to charge us $64 to separate. When signing up, we were told that we could go on a family plan as part of a college deal. We are not paying this separation fee.

Lastly, I am doing the personal training. I honestly have had a very good experience with it. The girl that I have knows what she is doing and very passionate about her job. I am an athlete training for a triathlon, so enjoyed her work out plans. However, I pay $140 a month for 5 sessions and they only pay trainers $6 a session. That is $110 that they are pocketing. I stopped my personal training and encouraged her to go somewhere else. I am willing to pay $140 for my trainer, but not when they are only giving her $30 a month.

These guys are money hungry. Customer service was awful and they don't treat their employees well. Next month I am switching to a $20 gym down the road with brand new equipment.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Personal Training.

Preferred solution: At least half since it was the employees fault..

La Fitness Pros: Trainer, Location, Fitness classes.

La Fitness Cons: Customer service, Employee treatment, Over priced.

Comments