Portland, Oregon

I had signed up for person training with LA Fitness. I was told that if I was moving out of the area (which I knew I would most likely be doing in the near future), I could drop the training without having to pay out the rest of the contract.

When I ended my membership, I confirmed that I would not have to pay anymore money. The girl I spoke to informed me that her manager was on vacation ans would not be back for a week, but she assured me that I would not have to pay any more money for personal training since I was ending my membership and moving. 2 weeks later, I received a charge for personal training. When I got a hold of a manager, she informed me that her employee made a mistake and that I would continue to be charged for personal training, even though I was not a member of the club anymore.

She said I could only get out of it if I submitted a piece of mail with my new, out-of-state address on it. The next day, I called corporate to find out how long it would take after I submitted the piece to mail to stop getting charged, and the woman I spoke to said that a piece of mail with my new address would not suffice- they needed a copy of my new lease agreement. I told her about the conversations I had had with two other LA Fitness employees, and how I kept getting told different things, and in the meantime continued to be charged for a service I was not receiving. She blamed me for the issue, saying that I obviously did not read my contract well enough.

When I told her that an employee said I did not need to read it, they would go over the important stuff with me, she still blamed me, even though I was misinformed on several occasions. Ultimately, I had to buy out the remainder of the contract, and the woman I spoke with at corporate took no accountability for the company's employees ans the lack of knowledge on their part. She was very, very rude ans kept telling me that I must have misunderstood the employees.

She treated me like I was extremely ***, informing me that she owned several properties around the country, as if that somehow excused her rudeness. I had a horrible experience with this company- especially with the management and corporate office.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Personal Trainer.

Comments