Athens, Ohio

I moved more than 50 miles away from any LA Fitness club, which is all you are required to do in order to be excused from a personal trainer contract. I talked to the corporate office, identified which documents they needed to process my account cancellation, and verified their PO Box mailing address.

I have mailed the required documents TWICE. On each envelope, I obviously used correct postage and included my return address. Neither letter was returned to be, but LA Fitness claims to have not received either letter. They refuse to accept the documents electronically and said they will only process my request if I pay $7.00 to send the letter certified.

LA Fitness essentially THROWS your mail in the TRASH if it is not sent certified because you cannot PROVE that you sent it. This company is absolutely horrible. I have called their corporate office, my local LA Fitness, and sent emails. They refuse to help and keep billing me.

Getting involved with this company has been a NIGHTMARE. God help you if you ever authorize them to make recurring debits from your credit card.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Personal Training.

Comments

This has just happened to me!!! I've been trying to cancel my membership for a while, but ONLY the manager can do it.

Well, the manager NEVER seems to be there. So how the *** do I cancel this thing? By the time send in the form they will bill me again.

This is really unfair business practices that this *** manager always has an excuse for why he isn't there. This is ridiculous.

I have attempted cancellation a handful of times, via mail, via email, via in-person. I've tried to cancel my credit card.

I've done everything. I have a medical condition that prevents me from ever being able to use LA Fitness personal training ever again. That said, even if I didn't, what they are doing is incredibly unethical. I was brought in by a bait-and-switch transaction.

I was *** and signed without reading everything carefully. I had just worked out, been so exhausted that I threw up on the personal trainers desk, and then they got me to sign up. I have literally no idea how this happened. It's insane to me.

Chase Bank is working with me to remedy the situation, but at the moment I am out almost $400 now. I filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau, and I will sue if this isn't remedied.

They will not take advantage of me. The Los Angeles El Centro LA Fitness is full of the most unethical people ever.