Bensalem, Pennsylvania
1.9

While working out tonight at la fitness in roxborough, pa I walked past the spin class room only to find a body builder working out in speedo underwear. Thinking that this was inappropriate, I asked the front desk if this was within the policy of appropriate attire.

The woman at the front desk said that it was fine which made me upset. Stating that this was a family gym and that kids worked out here too, I asked if it was appropriate if a child were to see this. She just kept on saying that management Allows it. After walking away and threatening to put a word out on social media, a manager approached me and asked if he could resolve the issue.

I responded saying that he could resolve it if he spoke with the speedo guy instead of me. He persisted in talking to me trying to get my name and gym number, which was *** me off even more. He also stated that the kids area was closed after 8 pm which, from what I gathered, meant that there were no kids in the gym after 8. This all took place around 10:30pm.

I asked him what age of kids where allowed in after 8 and he responded with anyone over 14!!!! What?!?! So a 14 year old girl can be around a stranger in his underwear?! Again, he continued to accuse me of having an issue.

After a long time of back and forth with both our voices raised, I tried to get his details which he then refused to give me. I decided to leave but before the door closed behind me he yelled "stay the *** out of my gym". I turned right around to confront him and was curious as to how he intended to make me stay the *** out. Again I tried to get his details and this time he ignored me and said the cops were on their way.

I decided to sit and wait for the cops to see what would happen. During this time, he went to chat with the body builder for a while and after a few minutes of conversation, the body builder busts out and storms right at me asking if I had any beef with him. After trying to tell him that the issue I had was now with management, he gathered support from other fellow gym members and made remarks against me that were derogatory! I am not one to back down just because of intimidation and when the cops arrived, they tried to tell a different story.

My reason for posting on here is to ask: what recourse do we (members) have against blatant employees, especially managers! Is this the service we have to live with? I know he is trying to revoke my membership now and made me public enemy #1.

I know when I go back (which I will until told otherwise) I will have to deal with rude staff and scorned meat heads! Not ideal

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Customer Care.

Comments