Redlands, California

I came to the gym today 7/1/14 and the front attendant scanned my boyfriends card and as I tried to walk in she stated I needed to activate the guest pass. We were "greeted" in a very unprofessional manner by jonathan who was trying to charge me 15 dollars for the day and 80 for a to month for the pass.

I clearly stated that I already have a gym pass somewhere else and I wanted to use the guest pass for now since we are moving . Any one with brains would know that is a complete ripoff. He would not budge and clearly had something up his because he kept on insisting when I told him i was not interested in a membership at the moment. The last time I used a guest pass was over a year and a half ago, and I am aware as stated in the website "Limit of one pass per person every six months." His excuse being the guest pass is only for local residents, and my ID has my first address which is not local.

This Jonathan guy was just being a *** and making it very frustrating and awkward, definitely not what an employee should do. I asked to talk to someone else and he calls a blond masculine lady, based on the reviews I am guessing it was the general manager Kristi, and she was of no help either. Her excuse being the gym was too packed for a guest. LOL real PROFESSIONAL.

Didn't even bother talking to her at all, but any who, as a result I will never consider LA Fitness again and my fiance is canceling his membership, unless of course a representative with some intelligence decides to talk to us, because business rules are always customer is right. Any company with a good business motto would know this. As LA Fitness states "The state of the art facility and equipment are familiar and comfortable, but what we are most proud of are the people who are there to serve you. The people who warmly greet you, expertly train you, enthusiastically teach you".

Did not see any of that today.

Any who, that was my terrible experience with these "Friendly"employees. I am sure somewhere in that gym are employees who are real tired of having to work with bitter employees such as the ones I unfortunately encountered today.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Manager.

• rude employee

Comments

Hi I had a really bad experience at LA Fitness on Bellflower Blvd in Long Beach,Ca.

I met my personal fitness trainer at a scheduled time to help me get acquainted with the machines and set my fitness goals.

However, he said that he was running late with another client.

So, he told me to work out for 10 minutes. I did and he was nowhere to be found.

He should have met me at the front desk in 10 minutes so that I could resume a 60 minute appointment with him. But he was not around. I do not know what happened to him.

This was very flakey behavior. I complained to the corporate office in Irvine.

A district manager called me and then proceeded to defend this unprofessional, flakey trainer. The district manager needs to be fired as well as the coddled personal trainer.