2.4
Additional Fees
Cleanliness
Equipment Quality

LA FITNESS HEADQUARTERS: ATTN: ORLANDO GONZALEZ ATTN: AYLIN MEDINA PER =149824613. ******** MEMBERSHIP ID Number:F27085099 ********* Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

I KNOW THAT YOU WILL HANDLE THIS MATTER WITH THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE. FIRST OFF, YES THE LA FITNESS ON UNIVERSITY IS TOP NOTCH AND THE STAFF COURTEOUS AND KNOWLEDGEABLE. HOWEVER, WHEN I CAME INTO THE BRANCH ON SATURDAY, JUNE 17TH, I HONESTLY FELT PRESSURED INTO JOINING!!! I EVEN STRESSED THE FACT THAT I WAS RESEARCHING 3 OTHER GYMS FIRST!!!

YET TO NO AVAIL. THE STAFF WAS ON A MISSION OF "MAKE THE QUOTA" REALLY FELT JUST LIKE ANOTHER "NUMBER" IF YOU WILL, NOT LIKE AN INDIVIDUAL HUMAN BEING WITH ACTUAL GOALS AND FEELINGS!!! THE PROMISE AND PROMOTION OF A FREE WEEK PASS (I WAS WARNED BY A FRIEND (N O T) TO FALL FOR IT, AS I WOULD BE HIT WITH HIGH PRESSURE SALES......YES E X A C T L Y!!!) MR.ZACHARY KNIGHT WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL, YET I ( D I D) FEEL VERRRRRRY PRESSURED LIKE YOU WERE NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO L E A V E AND CONSIDER OR PONDER YOUR PURCHASE!!! IMPULSIVE AND PUSHY IS NOT GOOD BUSINESS!!!!!

AND I WAS ABSOLUTELY ASTONISHED THAT I WAS HEARING THE WORDS "OH WELL SINCE YOURE JUST RUNNING OUT TO YOUR CAR TO GET YOUR WORKOUT CLOTHES, I'LL JUST GO AHEAH AND HANG ON TO YOUR LICENSE... REALLY?!?! TACTIC THAT YOU EMPLOY TO M A K E THE UNSUSPECTING VICTIM JOIN?! AGAIN, NOT GOOD BUSINESS?!

FRIENDSHIP, TRUST, BUSINESS IS E A R N E D NOTTTTT FORCED OR PUSHED OR PULLED!!! YOU WANT A CUSTOMER OR CLIENT TO FEEL EXSTACTIC ABOUT THEIR $400 TO $3000 PURCHASE, N O T PUSHED OR THREATENED OR MANIPULATED. COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT HE ACTUALLY HAD THE AUDACITY TO (HOLD) ONTO MY DRIVER'S LICENSE!!!! SALES TECHNIQUE?!

WELL YOU T H I N K THE PERSON, INDIVIDUAL, "TOTAL AND COMPLETE PUSHOVER?! IF YOU WILL... DOES N O T HAVE A CHOICE?! ABSOLUTELY WASN'T GOING TO STAND FOR THAT!!!

INSTEAD OF BEING BOLD AND SAYING, UM NO THANKS, BUT I APPRECIATE YOUR TIME, I WAS GIVEN THE OLD MANIPULATIVE COLD SHOULDER AND REPRIMAND, "OH WELL SURRRRE I KNOW YOU HAVE TO TAKE TIME TO THINK ABOUT IT, YEAH OF COURSE, BUT YOU'RE NOT GONNA FIND ANY PROGRAM THAT WORKS AS WELL AS OURS!" OR WHATEVER MANIPULATIVE BULL-SH_T LINE THEY'VE BEEN "PROGRAMMED" TO S E L L YOU!!! I WAS IN SHOCK!!! AND YES, I DOOOOO HAVE A CHOICE!!! SOOOOOO, AS I WAS HEADING OUT TO MY CAR TO #1 THINK ABOUT IT FIRST INSTEAD OF BE PRESSURED INTO IT!!!!

(WAS ACTUALLY QUITE DISAPPOINTED!!! FELT JUST LIKE A "NUMBER" OR A "QUOTA" NOTTTT A TREASURED, ONE OF A KIND, SPECIAL INDIVIDUAL WHO THEY ARE EXCITED TO HAVE ON BOARD?! WHEN I GRADUATED COLLEGE IN NEBRASKA IN 1992 I WAS VERY PLEASED THAT I WORKED FOR A STELLAR COMPANY FOR MANNNNNY YEARS THAT HAD #1 RECORD FOR EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE) .....FOR THE ACTUAL, THE OFFICIAL, THE ORIGINAL, THE ONE OF A KIND CABELA'S-THE WORLD'S FOREMOST OUTFITTER, ANNNND SPECIALTY RETAILER OF HUNTING, FISHING, CAMPING AND SHOOTING GEAR!!!! WITH EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE....

CABELAS IN KEARNEY, NEBRASKA AND TALK ABOUT #1 CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH A SMILE!!! WE WERE TRAINED TO GO OUT OF OUR WAAAAY TO MAKE SURE THE CUSTOMER WAS RIGHT AND THE CUSTOMER WAS HAPPY AND THAT THE CUSTOMER REPEATED THEIR BUSINESS DEALINGS WITH US!!! THAT'S WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ALLLLL ABOUT, PEOPLE HAVE SOMEHOW "LOST IN TRANSLATION" THE ACTUAL MEANING OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! WE NOT ONLY PROVIDED STELLAR CUSTOMER SERVICE, WE WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND TO OFFER THE LATEST AND GREATEST PRODUCTS AND NOT ONLY THAT, IF THEIR WAS ANY SORT OF CUSTOMER SERVICE RELATED ISSUE, WE NOT ONLY FIXED IT, WE MADE ABSOLUTE SURE THE CUSTOMER CAME BACK.

IF THEIR ORDER WAS NOT CORRECT OR GOING TO BE ON TIME BEFORE CHRISTMAS ESPECIALLY, WE GAVE AWAY AN EVEN HIGHER PRICED ITEM OF THE SAME SORT. OR WE NOT ONLY PAID OVERNIGHT SHIPPING, WE GAVE AWAY EXTRA FISHING LURES, GLOVES, CAMPING GEAR, YOU NAME IT, WE DID IT, OR DID OUR BEST TO FIND REPLACEMENTS IF AN ITEM WAS OUT OF STOCK. GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND!! THAT IS THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IS KEY IN ANY SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS VENTURE: THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!

SO, NEEDLESS TO SAY, I WAS TRULY DISAPPOINTED AS I WALKED OUT TO MY CAR TO FIRST OF ALL T H I N K ABOUT IT (I'D INVESTIGATED 3 OTHER EXCELLENT GYM MEMBERSHIPS THAT MORNING SO THAT I COULD MAKE AN EDUCATED DECISION ON W H I C H MEMBERSHIP TO WHICH CLUB BEST SUITED MY NEEDS AND MY FAMILY NEEDS.. ACTUALLY I WAS AGAINST THIS CLUB BEFORE I EVEN WALKED THROUGH THE DOORS ONLY BECAUSE MY FRIENDS WARNED ME THAT "OH THEY'RE JUST TRYING TO GET NUMBERS THROUGH THE DOOR, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR ACTUAL NEEDS AS A HUMAN BEING!!! WAS I TRULY GOING TO GET TO U S E THE FREE WEEK PASS?!?!. MY FRIEND JANETTE WAS RIGHT!!.

IT WAS WHAT SHE CALLED "A PLOY" TO GET PEOPLE THROUGH THE DOOR AND INTO A VERY VERY COSTLY MEMBERSHIP!! (SUCKERED IN, PUSHED AROUND, WARNED ABOUT IT, DIDN'T LISTEN) IN FACT M A N Y OF MY FRIENDS WARNED ME TO STEER CLEAR BECAUSE OF THE HIGH PRESSURE SALES AND THE ALMOST MANIPULATION TO "MAKE" SOMEONE FEEL AS THOUGH THEY ABSOLUTELY H A D TO JOIN IMMEDIATELY. MY EXPERIENCE WITH CHAN, CORDALE AND DUKE HOWEVER, WAS AMAZINGLY W O N D E R F U L!!!!!! ALL EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND KIND AND NOTTTTT HIGH PRESSURE SALES!!!!.

FROM PERSONAL TRAINING TO A COMPLETE NUTRITION PLAN, THEY ACTUALLY L I S T E N E D TO WHAT MY INDIVIDUAL NEEDS ARE AND REALLY SEEMED AS THOUGH THEY G E N U I N E L Y WANTED TO SEE ME ACTUALLY REEEEACH MY POTENTIAL!!! THEY COVERED ALLLLLLL THE BASES. HONESTLY, THE O N L Y REASON I STUCK AROUND THERE WAS BECAUSE OF CHAN!!! HE WAS POLITE, NOT AGGRESSIVE AND MOST OF ALL ...

HE ACTUALLY L I S T E N E D TO MY NEEDS FOR GETTING HEALTHY AND IN SHAPE, CAUSE REALLY ISN'T THAT WHAT ITS S U P P O S E D TO BE ABOUT?! HELLO? I WAS FORTUNATE TO GET TO WORK WITH ALL OF THESE WONDERFUL GUYS THAT KNOW THEIR STUFF!!! YES I AGREE #2 IN THE NATION FOR A REASON: EXCELLENCE.

TRULY THE COMPLAINT RESIDES BECAUSE OF THE ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS FEES FOR GYM MEMBERSHIP, JOINER FEE, AND PERSONAL TRAINING SALES... SOMETHING (N O T FEASIBLE FOR A SINGLE MOTHER WITH TWO CHILDREN EATING EVERYTHING IN THE HOUSE!!!!) (WHO WANTS TO BE PRESSURED INTO SOMETHING THEY DONT EVEN REALLY WANT OR NEED?! THAT'S NOT GOOD BUSINESS!!! CUSTOMER SERVICE SHOULLLLD BE ABOUT MEEEEETING THE ACTUAL CUSTOMER'S NEEDS, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUNND!!!

THE OTHER COMPLAINT IS THAT IT IS TRULY MISLEADING AND QUITE MANIPULATIVE IN THE FACT THAT YOU ACTUALLY DO N O T GET A FREE TRIAL (YOU GET SUCKER PUNCHED UPSIDE THE HEAD, BADGERED, PUSHED, PULLED, MANIPULATED ALLLLLL TO FEEL AS IF YOU H A V E TO JOIN!!!! THIS CLUB IS EXCEPTIONAL IN MANY RESPECTS #####FOR THE RICH RETIRED PERSON WHO CAN ACTUALLY AFFORD IT##### AND YES, THE OCCASIONAL ENTREPRENEURIAL IRON MAN THAT MAKES A FORTUNE ON THE STOCK MARKET LOL. ALL KIDDING ASIDE, I'M COMPLETELY WITHIN MY RIGHTS, AS THIS IS ONLY DAY #9 IN THE 10 DAY TRIAL CONTRACT. IMMEDIATELY I MUST CANCEL.

I'VE CLOSED MY VISA CARD ACCOUNT SO THAT THERE WOULD NOT BE ANY MORE BOMBARDMENT OF CHARGES!!. I'VE ALREADY PAID $65 JUST TO GET THROUGH THE DOOR AND $100 CASH FOR PERSONAL TRAINING DAY(STEEP) WITH THE PROMISE OF 20 SOME FREEEEE SESSIONS.. FREEE MY ASSSSS!!! ALLLL I HAD IN MY ACCOUNT IS NOW GONE..AND $104 CASH WHICH I DID ASK FOR A RECEIPT, AND DID NOT GET, ALTHOUGH I WOULD REQUEST THAT CHAN PLEASE KEEP THE $104 CASH FOR HIS ABSOLUTELY VALUABLE AND IRREPLACEABLE INFORMATION ON WEIGHT TRAINING SAFELY.

THANK YOU CHAN!!! YOU AND CORDALE SHOULD BE RUNNNNING THE PLACE!!! ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE SERVICE FROM BOTH OF THESE UPSTANDING FINE GENTLEMEN. THANK YOU THANK YOU.

ALSO THANK YOU DUKE FOR NUTRITION ADVICE!!! I'VE ACQUIRED A FAMILY MEMBERSHIP WITH ALLLLLL PAID (LIKE GOING ON AN ALLLL INCLUSIVE CRUISE SHIP) AND IN ...ADVANCE O N L Y $300 FOR AN ENTIRE 6 MONTHS!!! (UNLIKE THE $260 FOR PERSONAL TRAINING AND $189 REGULAR GYM FEES) WHOOOOO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD PAY OVER $400 A MONTH FOR JOINING A $29.95 GYM?1?! MANNNNY ARE $10 A MONTH!!!

PLUS, IF YOURE HIGHLY MOTIVATED, YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN GARAGE A FITNESS CENTER FOR NOOOOO MONTHLY FEEEEEE HELLO?! ANYWAY, IM DONE WITH HAVING $189 AND $110 AND 8 DIFFERENT CHARGES, TRY TO HIT MY ACCOUNT TODAY!!! AND THEY EVEN HAD THE NERVE TO CALL ME OVER THE WEEKEND TO ASK ME TO BUMP UP 2 DAYS OF PERSONAL TRAINING TO 3 NOW!!!! HIGH PRESSURE SALES ANYONE?!?!?!?!?!?!

COMMISSION CAN BE A RUTHLESS HIGH PRESSURE AND DEVASTATINGLY STRESSFUL BUSINESS, UNFORTUNATELY, AT THE COST OF LOSING CLIENTS THAT WOULD ACTUALLY BE WITH THE GYM FOR YEARS TO COME. DUH.. IN KANSAS CITY WHEN I HAD AN EXTREMELY STRESSFUL CORPORATE JOB, I WORKED OUT FOR 7 YEARS STRAIGHT WITH BALLY TOTAL FITNESS, AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE RIDICULOUSLY HIGH FEES OR HIGH PRESSURE SALES OR "YOU MUST HAVE A PERSONAL TRAINER" GIMMICK. AND WITH EVEN MORE AMENITIES AVAILABLE!!!

AT THE FACILITY I'VE JOINED TODAY, ITS ACTUALLY CLOSER TO MY HOME AND MORE CHILDREN AND FAMILY FRIENDLY WHICH..... MEEETS MY NEEDS.. AND AGAIN, ISNT THAT WHAT ITS SUPPPPOSED TO BE ABOUT?? I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO FILL OUT WHATEVER CANCELLATION FORMS THAT THEY DEEM NECESSARY.

BUT I'VE CONTACTED MY ATTORNEY WITH ICARD MERRILL AND FORWARDED THIS CANCELLATION NOTICE TO HIM AS OF 9:58 PM MONDAY, JUNE 26, 2017. THIS WAY, I'M MAKING SURE THAT I COVER ALL OF MY BASES. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PROMPT ATTENTION TO THIS MATTER. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT MARY21316@GMAIL.COM AND ALSO CALL ME: 941-237-9344.

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU. SINCERELY, MARILYN MILLER

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: MANIPULATED, PUSHED.

I liked: Cordell, Chan and duke and cordell.

I didn't like: High pressure sales.

• Unfair Contract
Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 27, 2017.

Comments