Verified Reviewer

1.5

NI just had absolutely worst customer service experience in my life with LA Fitness in Parsippany. I came to sign up with a club since I relocated and my current gym is over 25 min driving.

I applied for the guest pass and came to the club with the intention to get basic information and sign up. At the reception, I was forwarded to the Salesperson who was absolutely unknowledgeable and couldn't answer simple questions. She said that in order to receive the information about the cost of small group training I have to be a member. Seriously?

Does it make any sense? Then she said that she doesn't have this inf anyway. I asked if there is anyone who could answer How Much the training cost? She invited the General manager who couldn't give me the answer either and for my The Only question about the cost he started to asking me questions about my wellness goals.

I felt like it is unreal. I spent already 40 min talking to 2 people who couldn't say how Much the training cost. The manager said there is someone who's in charge of that section "He is behind you". I am turning around and see the guy seating behind legs spread out all comfy saying to me " Comon in here.

You should move here. I asked if he can just simply say the number and he insisted that I have to move there in order to receive the answer. I couldn't stand more of this nonsense and left.

Another question that nobody could answer is what is the "Price Fix guarantee $49 fee" that I have to pay in 2 weeks after joining the club. As the contract requires 4 months of commitment the price of the membership already fixed.

So, what is the fee for? Nobody knew the answer saying "You just have to pay it".

Also, there are promotional flyers (waving the initial sign-up fee) all over the place, I grabbed one of them to use at signing, and "Salesperson" said I can't use it as the offer expired last month. OK. But Why do you still have them all over the gym??

There is also no expiration date mentioned on the coupon.

Besides this terrible service, there is 0 inf on the website that you have to come 45 min in advance before any class in order to sign up in person. The classes are limited to 14 (!!! which is a lot ) people, so there is no guarantee to make it. As earlier you come, as better your chances.

I haven't noticed a single person wiping up equipment during my hour-long visit.

The bathrooms are not clean as well. There are many people in the management who work on strategies to attract people to the gym.

But the works are wasted due to the terrible service at the signup.

As much I wanted to join the club I would Never come back even for free to this place. Neither I recommend to anyone.

User's recommendation: Never come there.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: 1159 US Highway 46, Parsippany, NJ 07054