Manassas, Virginia

I have been a member at the Springfield location since it opened and then moved over here b/c it is closer to where I live. I convinced my husband to get a membership and he has (had) come to love the convenience of coming over here at 5:45 in the morning.

So he usually works out from 5:45-6:45 a.m. Just yesterday, he sees that the mat area on the main level is full and he wanted to do some crunches. There was an inflatable ball outside of the training area and no one inside the training area. So, he took the ball, went into the empty training area and began to do crunches. Within a few minutes, a staff member (trainer) by the name of Marquee (Marquis?) came over and demanded that he leave immediately. My husband (who is 54 and has white/gray hair) said "I'm almost done." Marquee again demanded that he leave immediately. My husband said, "I'm just finishing up." Marquee then put his hand on my husband and PULLED the exercise ball OUT FROM UNDER HIM, CAUSING MY HUSBAND TO FALL ONTO THE GROUND. My husband was like "what the heck are you doing???" There was about a minute from the time Marquee entered the otherwise empty training area to the time he pulled the ball out from under him!

Husband immediately reported to the front desk person and demanded to talk to someone. Since it was early in the morning, there was no one to talk to and the front desk person (Simone) was useless.

I went to work out later that morning and spoke to the manager and the personal training manager to tell them what happened that that Marquee is a danger and a liability. They started out making excuses about the personal training area might or might not be limited from use... as if that is any excuse for intentionally causing a member to fall to the floor. They say they have to look into it... well, they can look on yelp and see that this is not an isolated event.

I have enjoyed using the facilities and the classes, but wholy cow LAFITNESS--- you have a problem on your hands here. It's only a matter of time before someone fights back with your aggressive, unprofessional, dangerous employees. You are lucky my husband is so mild mannered. The personal trainer Marquee and his boss Keith need to be fired. And it appears that the front desk staff (based on reviews) also needs a change b/c it is systemic.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Personal Trainer.

Comments