17631 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Lutz, FL 33548, USA
2.7
Cleanliness

I signed up for a 6 (six) month training membership with Emily Strand from the North Dale Mabry office in October 2017. I was very clear that I just wanted six month with no auto renewal or anything like that.

She assured me it was just for 6 months. March 2018 should have been my last month. I called the first part of April to make sure they didn't auto-renew my contract. I spoke with Curtis (Training Manager) at same office and he stated that they again charged my card for April.

He said that Emily had signed me up for a 12-month contract. I was furious. He said that Emily had been fired for doing similar things to other customers. He promised to get with the billing office and have this corrected.

He promised to call me back in a few days. He never called. Therefore I disputed the charge. LA Fitness responded with a computer generated training schedule.

They could not possibly produce a 12 month signed contract unless they forged it.

BEWARE OF SCAM. I will continue to fight this so that this type of thing does not happen to anyone else.

Product or Service Mentioned: La Fitness Personal Trainer.

Reason of review: Fraud charges to my credit card.

La Fitness Cons: Lack of ethics for a few extra dollars.

• Personal trainer marketing

Comments

The same thing happened to me at the Cordova, TN location. I'm looking into a class action lawsuit because many others are victims of this fraudulent behavior.

@AshleyRT

Thank you for letting us know that this has happened to you. I am hoping other people take the time to comment as this type of scam cannot be allowed on consumers.

I have no problem with the gym membership but this cannot be allowed to go on. I will not give up fighting for my refund.