I'm giving this gym two out of five stars only because it's a really nice gym. Very nice layout, lots of space, plenty of equipment and for the most part, it's clean.
I'm a member at Gold's Gym and had never worked out at a LA Fitness until Easter weekend, when that Friday night, I went with my sister, who has been a member for a couple of years. I was staying at a hotel in the area and when I asked for a nice gym to work out, they recommended LA Fitness, so I was expecting a great experience and workout.
My sister and I arrive at approx 8:30pm. Gym wasn't too crowded and my first impression was indeed a good one. That changed, when about 9:30pm I went to the car to get a towel and upon my return was locked out. All four doors were locked and two of them had blue tape stretched them, possibly indicating that the doors were broke. The gym didn't close until 10pm and the two girls behind the counter didn't move and wouldn't let me back in. Finally a young lady came from behind what I assume is a sales desk and opened the door for me. As watched television, while waiting for my sister, the two girls at the front began yelling and cursing for the members to hurry up and leave because " Cheddar's closes at midnight"! This behavior was really unprofessional and I really thought they were out of line when they began calling the members "mother ***" and "***"! I spoke to the young lady who opened the door about the two girls and I was shocked to hear that reporting the incident to their manager wouldn't do any good, because the blond girl didn't even work there and both girls are really good friends with the operations manager.
The next day, just before 8am, I called the gym to see if the two girls that worked the night before were going to be there, If they were, I wasn't going. A male answered and had indicated that the gym opens at 8am and that he'd be there until 2pm, so my sister and I headed over. The young man at the front desk was really professional and friendly. My sister said she remembered him because he used to work at her home gym and had nothing but good things to say about him. Here's where everything went wrong!!! I go in the bathroom and all three stalls were a mess. There was toilet paper, soiled underwear and *** all over the floor and toilets. The shower area was disgusting and the whirlpool jacuzzi looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. I immediately went and told the young man and woman at the front desk. The young man was really apologetic and said he'd take care of it. Shortly after wards, we see him pushing a cart with a mop and bucket attached and headed inside the men's locker room.
My sister and I then decided to just lift and do cardio. Problem... the free weight area looked like a tornado had been through it. Weights were everywhere, empty water bottles and paper towels were all over the place apparently from the night before. I was in total disbelief. I couldn't believe that this brand new gym could look so bad, not to mention that work out equipment impeded the emergency exits of three separate doors. I'm sure that's a fire hazard!! Again, we reported our findings to the front desk and the young man once again complied by re-racking all of the weights and cleaning up the trash. I'm sure that he didn't expect to work the front desk and be a janitor, but those of us that were there that morning truly appreciate it.
I have tried on several occasions to contact the operations manager and was told that she was there, but unavailable, or on a corporate call. No wonder the place is a mess. Better hope they don't open a Gold's Gym near by!
More Review Details
- Review category
- Fitness Centers
You May Also Like
- "I was interviewed for an Assistant Manager position with the owner Tarik, on Friday October 14, 2016 @ 10am. I was told that I was hired and was asked to..."
- "Back in November, I decided to start the 21 Day Fix program with Beachbody after chatting with one of my friends who is currently a coach. There was a Thanksgiving..."
- "Helen An reviewed Snap Fitness Spring Hill. November 28 at 4:33pm · ★☆☆☆☆ Just be careful if u didnt pay ur membership at springhill n using their gym often The owner (..."
- "2 days ago 1 of my daughters opened can of corn for dinner. It was supposed to expire: 08/31/2017. It was a nightmare to see that. it was something terrible.It..."
- "Bought the projecter headlights halos for my 2004 ford f150, they look amazing, great fit, install was pretty easy, the only problem is the fact that the headlights are dim,..."
- "I spent good money on a can of planters deluxe mixed nut an when i open the can i find a lot of nesty green nuts all in this can..."
- "BEWARE - what you see in the model home is the quality that you will get. Model homes are built in 2 months tops, rushed and hurried with..."
- "I seen someone on OkCupid and reported to them. The next working day I found myself deleted from the website, I tried to ask them why but couldn't connect..."
- "My young sister got her car broke down last night right by the shop on 8700 Richmond ave, Houston Texas. The manager Eric figure it since she doesn't know anything..."