I'm giving this gym two out of five stars only because it's a really nice gym. Very nice layout, lots of space, plenty of equipment and for the most part, it's clean.
I'm a member at Gold's Gym and had never worked out at a LA Fitness until Easter weekend, when that Friday night, I went with my sister, who has been a member for a couple of years. I was staying at a hotel in the area and when I asked for a nice gym to work out, they recommended LA Fitness, so I was expecting a great experience and workout.
My sister and I arrive at approx 8:30pm. Gym wasn't too crowded and my first impression was indeed a good one. That changed, when about 9:30pm I went to the car to get a towel and upon my return was locked out. All four doors were locked and two of them had blue tape stretched them, possibly indicating that the doors were broke. The gym didn't close until 10pm and the two girls behind the counter didn't move and wouldn't let me back in. Finally a young lady came from behind what I assume is a sales desk and opened the door for me. As watched television, while waiting for my sister, the two girls at the front began yelling and cursing for the members to hurry up and leave because " Cheddar's closes at midnight"! This behavior was really unprofessional and I really thought they were out of line when they began calling the members "mother ***" and "***"! I spoke to the young lady who opened the door about the two girls and I was shocked to hear that reporting the incident to their manager wouldn't do any good, because the blond girl didn't even work there and both girls are really good friends with the operations manager.
The next day, just before 8am, I called the gym to see if the two girls that worked the night before were going to be there, If they were, I wasn't going. A male answered and had indicated that the gym opens at 8am and that he'd be there until 2pm, so my sister and I headed over. The young man at the front desk was really professional and friendly. My sister said she remembered him because he used to work at her home gym and had nothing but good things to say about him. Here's where everything went wrong!!! I go in the bathroom and all three stalls were a mess. There was toilet paper, soiled underwear and *** all over the floor and toilets. The shower area was disgusting and the whirlpool jacuzzi looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. I immediately went and told the young man and woman at the front desk. The young man was really apologetic and said he'd take care of it. Shortly after wards, we see him pushing a cart with a mop and bucket attached and headed inside the men's locker room.
My sister and I then decided to just lift and do cardio. Problem... the free weight area looked like a tornado had been through it. Weights were everywhere, empty water bottles and paper towels were all over the place apparently from the night before. I was in total disbelief. I couldn't believe that this brand new gym could look so bad, not to mention that work out equipment impeded the emergency exits of three separate doors. I'm sure that's a fire hazard!! Again, we reported our findings to the front desk and the young man once again complied by re-racking all of the weights and cleaning up the trash. I'm sure that he didn't expect to work the front desk and be a janitor, but those of us that were there that morning truly appreciate it.
I have tried on several occasions to contact the operations manager and was told that she was there, but unavailable, or on a corporate call. No wonder the place is a mess. Better hope they don't open a Gold's Gym near by!
More Review Details
- Review category
- Fitness Centers
You May Also Like
- "I've had the "Top of the Line", $2000 Elite 17.7 elliptical for 3 months and have had 3 separate part failures. One massive failure where the pedal sheared off..."
- "I was going on beach bodies website to check out insanity! After checking everything over and filling out the order summary and payment information they started pushing more offers on..."
- "Can't believe the situation at la fitness north bergen, the spinning salon is in very bad conditions, cycles are broken, floor is, cant explain, send a picture. This situation takes..."
- "I purchased The Espresso colored 3pc. set (couch, loveseat, recliner) in Mid-December 2012. The main issue I have now is that both the couch and loveseat are cracking and peeling..."
- "United PetSafe almost killed my Greyhound on July 3, 2013 on our flights from San Diego to Boston. My dog and my cat were never allowed out of their crates,..."
- "Hairsisters is a corrupt company. They sent me a wig in a color I did not order. A simple fix, right? No, after sending them photos they..."
- "We got the buy two Samsung phones, get a free 50" smart TV. We got the free TV within the 6-8 weeks, but when we got it, we pulled..."
- "Thought I'd try your Publix Supreme Self Rising Crust Pizza. The picture on the box really looked good. Too bad the pizza INSIDE the box didn't look like that...."
- "RUN RUN RUN 2 weeks turned to 6. and still not done they ordered the wrong tub and order the same $33 ceiling fan (a request was made to upgrade from the..."