I have a documented medical condition where my spine is involved and my physician does NOT want me participating at LA Fitness, either in the gym or personal training.The phone numbers listed for the club don't work and the best I can get from their web site is that I have to pay for the training ($200+ per month) until the end of the contract.

I guess their premise is to make it as difficult for the customer as possible so people get annoyed and just give up trying to cancel. That way they get their money!

They do not want me to have to drive there to deal with this because I am really worried I will lose my temper with them.They were so high pressure to start with and now that I have this injury, I screwed over again?

Very annoyed in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, PA

Review about: La Fitness Personal Training.

Had an Experience with La Fitness?

Comments

MrsLea
#481967

Honey, even if you do get a hold of them they will more than likely force you to continue your membership.I have a friend who lost her job and they still forced her to pay every month.

She had to go out of her way to find the money to pay them until she finally found a job.

These gyms are EVIL and greedy to a fault.You could die and they would just dig you back up and force your skeletal remains to continue to pay your monthly payments.

Exactly! they have no idea what they are doing, I had a serious knee injury. They made it much worst and they didn't let me cancel my membership.

"I was told the trainers were educated to work wit the injuries I had." You would think this to be true.However, during my initial assessment with a trainer I told them I had a herniated L4-L5 disc.

When they were providing me with exercises they kept alluding to my neck and "keeping it safe, being careful." I finally asked her why and she said, "you said you had a herniated L4-L5 disc!" Yep, I sure did, and anyone that knows anatomy knows that that is the lower lumbar spine not the neck!Sure makes you feel safe knowing your trainers are so educated....

High Pressure sales for Personal training!!!You must have had the same "salesman" I had at the Robinson location.

I was told the trainers were educated to work with the injuries I had. (cervical and lumbar spine). What a crock!! These trainers may know exercise, but only for healthy individuals.

I had my last training session today, if you can call it training. I have been told repeatedly that they don't know what to do with me because of my injuries. So we stretch and lift a little. I CAN DO THAT AT HOME.

Then they want me to walk the treadmill for 15 minutes.

I will do that on my own time.Not at $70/per hour!!!!